This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire in scooter rental shop in Caleta
Not much info, this is all I've managed to find so far (GoogleTranslated):

A rental car rental in Caleta de Fuste burns

The fire occurred last night at an electric vehicle rental business located in El Castillo (Antigua).

After a wake-up call, the firefighters went to the place, located in the commercial center of the promenade of Caleta de Fuste, managing to put down the flames. The affected business focuses its activity on the rental of electric vehicles. Various material damages have occurred.

Original (Spanish) version:

Quote:Arde un local de alquiler de vehículos eléctricos en Caleta de Fuste

El incendio se produjo la pasada madrugada en un negocio de alquiler de vehículos eléctricos ubicado en El Castillo (Antigua).

Tras una llamada de alerta, los Bomberos se personaron en el lugar, situado en el centro comercial del paseo marítimo de Caleta de Fuste, logrando sofocar las llamas. El negocio afectado centra su actividad en el alquiler de vehículos eléctricos. Se han producido diversos daños materiales.

Courtesy of Onda Fuerteventura

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
It was the one under the Las Salinas Hotel.
3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Oh well, that’s a few less killer machines on the pavements of Caleta!
1 user says Thank You to Decho for this post
Reply Quote
I hate to see anybody loose a business but these scooters are a pain in the *** and very dangerous so no loss then
Reply Quote
(19-03-2019, 10:31 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: It was the one under the Las Salinas Hotel.

What a shame. That's the only location I would keep open as the scooters usually get towards Salinas instead of the town. Thanks for the info Captain. Does anyone knows the cause of the fire? 

(19-03-2019, 10:55 PM)Decho Wrote: Oh well, that’s a few less killer machines on the pavements of Caleta!

(20-03-2019, 12:41 AM)Can the Man Wrote: I hate to see anybody loose a business but these scooters are a pain *** and very dangerous so no loss then

As above, I believe the scooters from this shop wasn't really frequent on the pavements of Caleta. For this I would blame the shops in the town, IMHO.

Never hired one but will honestly consider them (or something similar) in the future, once there are some rules and paths for the scooters.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
Well, there I was, walking along the pavement just outside the Just 4 Sales Office minding my own business when one of these huge things came straight across the pavement at full speed in front of me missing me by inches.
Next time I am in Caleta I am taking a baseball bat with me???
2 users say Thank You to Decho for this post
Reply Quote
The Guardia should be thankful Arson is not suspected, if that were the case, they would have to arrest 95% of the population of Caleta as suspects
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(20-03-2019, 02:56 PM)Johnrgby Wrote: The Guardia should be thankful Arson is not suspected, if that were the case, they would have to arrest 95% of the population of Caleta as suspects

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 

(20-03-2019, 02:56 PM)Johnrgby Wrote: ...Arson is not suspected...

Where do you know that from? I wasn't able to find any more info.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
(20-03-2019, 04:03 PM)Sam Wrote:
(20-03-2019, 02:56 PM)Johnrgby Wrote: The Guardia should be thankful Arson is not suspected, if that were the case, they would have to arrest 95% of the population of Caleta as suspects

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 

(20-03-2019, 02:56 PM)Johnrgby Wrote: ...Arson is not suspected...

Where do you know that from? I wasn't able to find any more info.

One of my neighbours is a mid ranking Gardia Officer, and as of yesterday morning, the thinking was it was an electrical fire, but that is not officially confirmed.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
I may be wrong, but it looks from photo 1 that the fire was centred around a battery charging station

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2230]
2 users say Thank You to Gone Fishing for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IKEA - a new shop and cafe Captain Sensible 3 1,087 26-12-2022, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Superbarato - Chinese shop in Poligono Industrial El Matorral Archer 53 24,546 28-02-2021, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Ducks
  Is there to be a New British Food Shop in Corralejo? OMR + MIN 10 8,393 18-05-2020, 11:42 AM
Last Post: OMR + MIN
  China Town - Chinese shop in Poligono Industrial El Matorral Sam 50 25,139 23-12-2019, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Johnrgby