This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
pedestrianisation corralejo pedestriantisation further

Further pedestrianisation in Corralejo
Once again just as the busy tourist season approaches major works are going to start on the lower part of the main street in Corralejo:

from RTVAC

The City Council of La Oliva informs that the road traffic will be interrupted during the works, in the stretch of Nuestra Señora del Carmen included between Anzuelo Street and the already pedestrianized area. Pedestrian traffic will be maintained at all times

The Cabildo de Fuerteventura begins this week the works of the third and final phase of the Open Commercial Areas project of Corralejo, which will be developed in the section of the Nuestra Señora del Carmen Avenue included between Anzuelo Street and the already pedestrianized area.

The City Council of La Oliva informs the merchants, neighbors and businessmen of the area that traffic will remain closed during the works, but not the pedestrian traffic, which will remain open throughout the project.

The Corporation and the Cabildo apologize for the inconvenience that this project could cause, valuing that the works are necessary to improve the accessibility in the area and favor its commercial use, through a semi-pedestrian transit formula that has demonstrated its good results in the two sections already reformed.

The works will make it possible to equate the 150-meter stretch to reform the criteria already adapted in phases 1 and 2 of the Open Commercial Areas Plan of Corralejo, creating a single semi-pedestrian platform at the same level between the sidewalk and the roadway, adopting accessibility criteria , and installing urban furniture, gardening areas and new lighting. This project has a deadline of five months and an investment of around 600,000 euros.

Access and traffic

Traffic in the area affected by the works will be interrupted during the execution of the project in the stretch of Nuestra Señora del Carmen between the roundabout of the intersection with Anzuelo street, and the Battleship Spain street (next change of plate from this street to Antonia Morera Rodríguez).

From the headquarters of the Local Police of La Oliva, it is reported that they will be able to access the area of the works, through the streets Juan Sebastián Elcano and Acorazado Spain, Citizen Security vehicles, residents in the area, taxis , the vehicles of up to 3,500 kilos for loading and unloading, and the users of the gas station.

[Image: RJQEzxR.jpg]

[Image: 2T25rmU.jpg]

[Image: VOGL6yk.jpg]
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(25-06-2019, 10:17 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: Once again just as the busy tourist season approaches major works are going to start on the lower part of the main street in Corralejo:

I like it, they always think things through Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
[Image: AUK645g.jpg] [Image: 2nSXhf8.jpg] around the big old HiperDino

[Image: AehpCiE.jpg] [Image: RAV6di8.jpg] the main street

I'm sure all will be great when completed but the shops and cafes were pretty empty when I walked down there this morning. Despite being very short on visitors out and about it was a nightmare to find any parking. The Water Park looked very popular when I drove up that way - super Weather for it!
Living my dream
5 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Update on the disruption near the big old HiperDino:

(this is not the pedestrianisation project but the canalisation (for rainwater!!) of the road from the back of Padilla/Spar down to the harbour)

They appear to have finished at the end by Padilla/Spar and HiperDino and are now working in the area to the rear of the Ayuntamiento - another 150M to go! In this stretch are a couple of the oldest bougainvillea plants I have seen - the trunks are enormous - growing from 2 little holes in the pavement by someone's front door. Today I could see that large parts of the top growth were dead - I hope they have not chopped through the roots doing the roadworks, but I fear the worst Cry .

[Image: BynPxXx.jpg] [Image: UsLDCpF.jpg] [Image: 26R3hEm.jpg]
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
They are still working on the pedestrianisation of the lower part of the main street:

[Image: ciCCwzH.jpg]
Living my dream
5 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote