This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
toddler goats milk

Goats milk for toddler
I am staying at the Riu Coralejo in a few weeks and my 1 year old only drinks goats milk for his morning and evening bottle. Does the spar at the top of the road sell this, or a local supermarket?
Trying to avoid taking a box of powder with me as it weighs so much on my luggage allowance. Thanks
2 users say Thank You to Luisa Gale for this post
Reply Quote
I'll try to remember to pop in on Monday when I'm over that way and have a look for you.  Best to bring a small amount of dry with you to see you over first 24 hours anyway. If the Spar doesn't have it get a taxi from outside the hotel to Mercadona supermarket where they have litre tetrapaks. To return from Mercadona ask the person on the till to call you a taxi as there is no rank up that end of the town.

Forgot to say, welcome to the forum!
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Thank you, I would really appreciate if you do have the chance to drop into the spar and see if they do stock goats milk, as I know the island has plenty of goats! I come every year but its the first time I come with my first child. If no luck then ill travel to the supermarket and hope they will have something.
Many thanks
Reply Quote
I know they have cartoned goats milk in the Mercadona in El Mattoral so I imagine there must be one up in Corallejo
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Thank you for your reply! That is quite far from where I'm staying but that will help if I do get stuck, or I'll just take the powder with me, but baby prefers the milk already made.
3 users say Thank You to Luisa Gale for this post
Reply Quote
Hello Luisa
Really sorry but I ran out of time today to get to the Spar in question. If no one else has been able to do so and post the outcome I'll try to get there next Mon/Tues.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Tamara

Thank you, if no one gets back to me by next week, if you dont mind I would really appreciate it. My flight is next Saturday. Could you ask the Spar where would be the nearest place from there that would sell semi skimmed goats milk if nothing in there? 
Thanks again x
Reply Quote
Hi Luisa
Can I just check which hotel you are staying at? I presumed it's the RIU Oliva Beach or the RIU Tres Islas but I've just realised it's a HiperDino supermarket at the end of that road, not a Spar, so thought I better check with you. Regards.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Tamara

Im staying at the Riu Olivia beach this time, as Tres Isla dont take children (adults only). Oh, is it a HiperDino? I have always thought it was a spar!

Do you think they might stock it?
Thanks
Luisa
Reply Quote
Yesterday I visited Mercadona in Puerto and the one near Caleta. Both shops had goat milk - Leche de Cabra in the shelves.
Then I realised you were talking about Spar and later on checked the shop in Morro Jable. Fairly small Spar - they had the milk too. On the way back stopped at Atlantico in Caleta de Fuste to get some groceries from (quite large) Spar and found the same goat milk as the one in Spar in Morro Jable, just a bit cheaper.
I know, this isn't the shop you mentioned, I just wanted to let you know that goat milk was in every single shop I visited yesterday. I'll might drive up to Corralejo later on, will definitely check if I'll pass the shop. Possibly bump there into Tamara too 😂😂

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Filtered milk, not UHT but like Cravendale in UK Pho 2 1,754 26-07-2022, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Can the Man
  Fresh Cream / Milk Lexeus 14 6,480 10-08-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya