Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
with please help my car

HELP please with my car sale!
To all intents and purposes I have sold my Spanish car.  A friend was helping but had to engage a gestor in the end.  The "friend" has gone to ground for some reason.  I have no paperwork to show the car is transferred to new owner.  What should I expect to receive?  Some kind of certificate of transfer?  I will need to  cancel the road tax....I am told two different things (1) I have to show the final transfer document to the town hall to cancel and/or (2) That Trafico inform the town hall on my behalf.

The only paperwork I have so far is an Autorización Provisional de Circulación for the new owner. I had the understanding that I should get something like a Certificado de Transferencia.

Can anyone clarify for me please.  Getting desparate now. If I can be better informed then I can make contact hopefully with my "friend" to finally sort this out!
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
I can only say what my experience has been Emmi and I have sold 2 vehicles privately.
You, as previous owner, get nothing. 
Trafico sort out the council re annual tax.

Good luck, hope it works out for you 🤞
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
I said you get nothing, not quite true, you should have a copy of the contract of sale and of course, the Money!
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Tamara... it was the annual car tax I was more concerned about, but if Trafico inform the Town Hall, then all is good.
3 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote