This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
rescue caleta helicopter

Helicopter rescue in Caleta 11/3?
Just wondering if anyone had any info on the seaside happenings in Caleta yesterday?

There was a helicopter hovering around the Elba San Jorge/Barcelo coastline area for nearly two hours from about half past three— a dude was airdropped down from the chopper, and multiple ambulances were on the scene... But nobody seemed to know what was going on?

Can't find any reference to any of it on any of the news pages. Seemed a bit extreme for a standard medical rescue, and we couldn't see any boats or swimmers in the area, and it swung inland constantly but never went out to sea. Anyone know what was going on?

1 user says Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
I can only presume that it was a training exercise Ducks.

I've checked the 112 portal and nothing is showing on there.

link to 112 portal
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(12-03-2024, 08:20 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: I can only presume that it was a training exercise Ducks.

I've checked the 112 portal and nothing is showing on there.

link to 112 portal

That's a very useful site! Thank you so much.

I guess that must have been it. Important stuff, but the poor seaside cats were terribly distressed by the noise.
1 user says Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Someone who works near by told me a fisherman had fallen / been swept off the rocks near the San Jorge hotel.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Helicopter rescue - Ajuy TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 250 27-12-2023, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Helicopter rescue from Camino de Agua Ligues TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 269 09-12-2023, 07:17 PM
  Helicopter rescue in Tuineje TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 679 26-04-2023, 08:21 PM
  Helicopter rescue at Cofete TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 415 15-01-2023, 08:19 PM
  Helicopter rescue from ravine TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 991 14-07-2022, 09:41 PM