This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
infiniti fuerteventura club sun

Infiniti Resort - Fuerteventura Sun Club
I was planning to book a 2 bedroom villa for next May but somebody who recently reviewed the place indicated that the admittance of day visitors for 20 Euros caused overcrowding. Somebody else wrote that they bought a day pass but stayed on for the evening entertainment as well. I don't have a problem with day passes providing they are properly managed/limited and don't attract undesirables. Please don't think I'm anti-social, it's just that I want to make sure "it isn't heading in the wrong direction " before I book.

If anybody has stayed there in the past few months, I would be very grateful if they shared their experience.
3 users say Thank You to Scratchy for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Scratchy 

Never been to that complex, but from what people say it’s very nice.  However, a quick look on Google Earth shows that it is not very big, so I can't see how they can run a day pass system, without inconveniencing guests who have paid to stay there.

We like the Monte Marina complex in Esquinzo. Basic studio apartments but spotlessly clean, overseen by a German Lady called Frau Susanna. It has well kept grounds and a sauna. No day passes as far as I know.  The beach below the hotel is cloths optional, you can rough it in a stone circle or loungers are available to rent a short walk to the south.

The downside is that it is isolated and if you don't have a rental car, you are dependant on taxis or the local bus to reach the nearby Moro Jable (Jandia).  The South of the island is not as lively as Cory.

Sorry I can’t be of more help
2 users say Thank You to Magoo for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Magoo

You are right, we stayed there 5 or 6 years ago ( before the new owners), it is a small complex with good accommodation but, I think, entirely unsuited for more than the odd 1 or 2 "day guests".  I have e-mailed the Owners and will post details of their response when I get it. 

We haven't stayed at Monte Marina but have pleasant, albeit  embarrassing, memories of several visits to nearby hotels. We will happily return to the area in the future but on this occasion want to stay in Corralejo for the evening entertainment.
2 users say Thank You to Scratchy for this post
Reply Quote
We stayed there for 2 weeks in early May. While we were there day visitors were allowed in on 4 days. The complex was practically fully booked but thwere was no problems. Admission of day visitors is only done with consideration of existing guest usage and they are restricted to sun beds on the upper deck but they can use the pool. One of the couples on a day pass stayed for the BBQ night and joined in the social event. I dont think this is a problem, in fact for the BBQ the more the merrier as it helps make sure it is not cancelled for lack of numbers.
3 users say Thank You to Trent Schofield for this post
Reply Quote
(14-06-2019, 07:11 PM)Magoo Wrote: Never been to that complex, but from what people say it’s very nice. 

You are right Magoo, it is very nice and because of the smaller size all the guests get on and mix very well. In fact my wife would never consider herself a naturist but because she likes Infiniti so much she is quite happy to be so here.
3 users say Thank You to Trent Schofield for this post
Reply Quote
(13-06-2019, 12:42 PM)Scratchy Wrote: ... somebody who recently reviewed the place indicated that the admittance of day visitors for 20 Euros caused overcrowding. 

I'm rather against the idea of day passes at naturist resorts.  I stayed at Gran Hotel Natura a number of times and there were often day visitors there, which wasn't a particular problem as GHN had loads of spare sunloungers.  But my wife and I were at Hidden Beach Resort in Mexico last winter and they were letting day visitors in, despite the fact that the resort was completely full - so full that people were getting up at 6am to try to reserve a sunlounger!  If a resort is full (and Infiniti seems to be most of the time) they shouldn't let day visitors in.
2 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
The current owners are far more commercially aware than the previous regime and the more people they can cram in the more Money they make. Sending day trippers to the upper terrace does not prevent problems. If too many are let in the resident guests are effectively prevented from using 
the upper terrace, which causes crowding in the pool area. We were there in March and one hot day the residents were packed in like sardines around the pool because of day passes. The evening BBQ's etc. can also be accessed by purchasing a day pass.

In our opinion it is a small resort and isn't suitable for comfortably  accommodating "day passes" and we are less than enthusiastic about outsiders being on the resort of an evening.

Having said this there is much to recommend the resort and, unlike us, some people don't object to day passes. If guaranteed space is important to you give it a miss but if you don't mind taking a chance of overcrowding on a few days it is well worth booking.
3 users say Thank You to jCS for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks for joining us jCS and adding some useful first-hand knowledge.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks everybody for sharing your helpful thoughts and experiences. 

I mentioned previously that I had e-mailed the Owners but so far they have not replied.
3 users say Thank You to Scratchy for this post
Reply Quote
Big Grin 
We are there just now for the fourth visit this year and its still as good as ever. There are not many day guests and the ones which come max 2 go on the roof terrace and don't mix with the full-time guests
3 users say Thank You to Culane for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BHH Naturist Resort, Costa Calma bedouin 8 3,803 13-05-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: bedouin