This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
island seems quieter much

Island seems much quieter
Just a casual observation but this trip we seem to be seeing quite a downturn in tourist numbers. It may be just because it is May & summer season hasn’t kicked off yet but in light of the dropping arrivals numbers at the airport it now seems quite evident. Hope it isn’t going to continue like this. It would be very detrimental to the islands economy & growth ☹️☹️
3 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Always found May one of the quietest months...but it does seem VERY quiet this year.
Our flight out from EDI only had 88 passengers!
They may have shot themselves in the foot by greedy prices I think😟
5 users say Thank You to Decho for this post
Reply Quote
May and early June are always quiet times for visitor numbers.

Hopefully it's not quieter than other years.
4 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Where was this?

I always thought May was okay. May 1st holiday for the Spanish and most others mean a busy week.
2 users say Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
With school exams and a lot of holidaymakers returning to Egypt etc I would expect it to be a bit quieter than usual.  My last trip with EasyJet from Belfast in the middle of March was packed and not one empty seat both ways. My next trip from Dublin with Ryanair in the next couple of weeks is almost full already. 
Could the political uncertainty in the U.K. be putting a damper on things ?
2 users say Thank You to Rasputin for this post
Reply Quote
(11-05-2019, 03:19 AM)Will Wrote: Where was this?

I always thought May was okay. May 1st holiday for the Spanish and most others mean a busy week.

Caleta, Betancuria & Rosario. We stay out near Antigua & that is fine (mostly Spanish). One of the staff in the Tapas place  down near the Happy Centre in Caleta was saying May was normally quiet but their takings were down 30% this year so far so way worse than normal
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
I prefer the island to be quiet. Always nice to share the beach just with just a handful of people. Love
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
On Tuesday last I had to drop off a few things to friends who work in three different bars, in Caleta and did so between 17:00 and 17:30 there was only one customer in the three of them, I then Headed to Pero Loco { because I can walk home from there } and while  normally it is quite full at that time there were only about 6/8 p[eople there, so definitely quieter I believe.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
4 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
If I dare say it, I've just had 10 days in Gran Canaria, and that was quiet too - far fewer tourists than I'd have expected.  My Ryanair flights weren't full either, which is unusual.
2 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
The Try renting a car from plus car 🚗 for the end of May to early June and you will find it’s not quite with them.
3 users say Thank You to Rasputin for this post
Reply Quote