This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
jandia september covering

Jandia in September & covering up
We will be in Jandia late September, plan to explore the beaches hopefully up as far as Playa Esmeralda, are there any stretches of beach North of the lighthouse in Jandia to Playa Esmeralda that your expected to cover up?
Thanks
2 users say Thank You to Fizzy Lemonade for this post
Reply Quote
Expected in the legal sense of the word? Or to avoid upsetting somebody?

If it's early morning you'll see people walking naked most if not the whole route. Late afternoon same thing. In between there are some segments that will feel textile .

If you're just wandering between beaches a shirt or a pareo will let you travel between sections without too much trouble.

OTOH things change almost daily depending on who has gotten off the plane. Segments that one day are 100% nude but be 100% prude the next. Play it by ear.
2 users say Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks, Well I wouldn't go out of my way to upset anybody, just wondered if close to or below any specific hotels it was traditionally a complete no-no, that's all, if not, that's fine
Reply Quote
If you're walking by I don't think so. If you're setting up it depends more on the crowd that week.  But I think most of the textile hotel crowd are staying near the hotel pools.  If the area has stone circles you can expect most will have a nude body. Plus like I said early morning plenty of people walking naked between areas.

Even Playa de la cebada which is almost in Morro Jable can have some naturists. 

The length of beach you're asking about is long and you'll run into almost everything.
3 users say Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
That’s an awful long way to walk in the sun. Also keep in mind the tide, some parts are impassable or bloody hard work at high tide.
4 users say Thank You to Magoo for this post
Reply Quote
(24-07-2019, 07:15 PM)Magoo Wrote: That’s an awful long way to walk in the sun. Also keep in mind the tide, some parts are impassable or bloody hard work at high tide.

No, won't be walking that distance at all, have a car, planning to drive to Mal Nombre, Sotavento, Esmeralda & Cofete
More specifically as regards covering up it was in relation to the stretch of coastline between Iberostar Playa Gaviotas & Hotel SBH Club Paraiso Playa as there are a number of hotels along that stretch
Thanks
Reply Quote
It's not so much the hotels along the stretch. It's the areas with beach bars. The area below Iberostar Playa Gaviotas  is mainly nude until you reach the wide spot below the parking lot and IIRC toilets. Then you pass that small bit and it's often fairly nude again. 

If you go to Google maps and look at the pictures you even see naked people on the bit of beach below Iberostar.
4 users say Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
Hi what is the distance between Morro Jable and Costa Calma? 
We are staying at the jandia princess and would like to walk in both directions along the beach.  We normally stay away from the crowded sunbed area and find a nice quiet spot. Are there many beach cafes/bars along this route to get refreshments and snacks?
Thanks
D
1 user says Thank You to 76giantbear80 for this post
Reply Quote
Without measuring it must be more than 20km of beach one way. I've done a bit more than half that and not even gotten close to Costa Calma.

I think most who do the whole walk take the bus back. If not you're looking at a full day of marching. Depending on the Tides you may even need to go into the water in a few bits. Or if they're out it's all dry
2 users say Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
Will, getting the bus back from Costa Calma with no clothes on, is going to raise a few eyebrows. The same goes for the beach bars. Far better to use a hire car, to explore in sections and transport all your beach crap in.  Don't leave valuables in the car though
2 users say Thank You to Magoo for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Occidental jandia mar Danm1981 13 2,743 12-06-2023, 05:38 PM
Last Post: ThunderCity
  Corralejo or Jandia Kalel 11 8,111 27-04-2022, 04:06 PM
Last Post: jimjo23
  Any new hotels down in the Jandia area? Will 0 4,489 12-07-2019, 04:52 AM
Last Post: Will