This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
fuerteventura jet2 flights increases

Jet2 increases flights to Fuerteventura
Pretty much exclusively from Dublin— although with the summer prices so nuts, I might be enticed into looking elsewhere. 

Didn't realise they also did Cork, so will have a look at that, but when you factor in journey times/costs, it might not actually be any cheaper. Can look at Belfast, too, though I expect it'll be the same for the busy months! It's amazing how little the difference is between the Ryanair flights and some of the cheaper packages. Less than a hundred a week in some cases. How are the complexes here making any Money at all?!
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
I don’t know about complexes and what is being charged, I have my own place and we don’t rent it out, it’s family use only as we keep our clothes and everything there just turn up with a backpack when ever.
2 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
(25-01-2020, 09:35 PM)Can the Man Wrote: I don’t know about complexes and what is being charged, I have my own place and we don’t rent it out, it’s family use only as we keep our clothes and everything there just turn up with a backpack when ever.

We're the same, Can, but I looked at Budget Travel for the period— sometimes they will have deals (though usually much later than this) where they offer what's left at super low prices. Have gotten trips for buttons that way when I wasn't fussy about destination/dates before we had our place here. 

It struck me that Ryanair will cost over €700 for a return flight alone, but you can get a week in La Piramide or the Beach Bungalows for about €900. That's about €15pp a night for accommodation! Crazy.
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
(26-01-2020, 11:20 AM)Ducks Wrote:
(25-01-2020, 09:35 PM)Can the Man Wrote: I don’t know about complexes and what is being charged, I have my own place and we don’t rent it out, it’s family use only as we keep our clothes and everything there just turn up with a backpack when ever.

We're the same, Can, but I looked at Budget Travel for the period— sometimes they will have deals (though usually much later than this) where they offer what's left at super low prices. Have gotten trips for buttons that way when I wasn't fussy about destination/dates before we had our place here. 

It struck me that Ryanair will cost over €700 for a return flight alone, but you can get a week in La Piramide or the Beach Bungalows for about €900. That's about €15pp a night for accommodation! Crazy.

Yeah, but bulk commercial food is cheap & only about 3€ (or less) For a litre of local spirits. I imagine they work on a small margin with maximum turnover, IMO
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
€700 isn't the price everybody on the plane is paying.  IIRC Ryanair averages about €50 per seat all in including extra charges. 

The tour companies are buying the whole plane. Getting a likely discount from the hotel for booking a bunch of rooms.

To put things in perspective roundtrip from Barcelona in July can still be done for less than €100 I'm sure if you'd booked months ago it would have been even less. They aren't losing Money on that flight.
2 users say Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
Jet2 released seats from Belfast, Edinburgh, Manchester, and Newcastle for Summer 2021. Checked Newcastle flights and tickets are available until November 2021.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Average minimum price per adult from Edinburgh over the next year is approx £160, wow ☹️☹️☹️
3 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
is that each way or return?
2 users say Thank You to Jason W for this post
Reply Quote
(13-02-2020, 11:36 AM)Jason W Wrote: is that each way or return?

Each way 😱😱
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Ryanair October, plenty of flights out at reasonable prices from both Stansted and Luton, but last week of October, coming home, weekend only flights from Stansted, a friend thinks maybe the winter schedule is not out and will have midweek flights. Any thoughts? 
Tempted to book the last Saturday in October to come home but last year came back on the last Friday instead and much cheaper.
Jet 2 have lots of flights but crazy prices coming home on all flights both midweek and weekend.
1 user says Thank You to Jason W for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jet2 will have a new direct flight between Fuerteventura and Bournemouth TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 232 26-03-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Waiting and diversions on flights to Fuerteventura due to the formation of storm nucl TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 191 23-03-2024, 08:21 PM
  Jet2 increases flights from Newcastle TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 974 31-10-2022, 07:40 PM
  TUI and Jet2 Flights starting up Captain Sensible 9 6,373 24-12-2020, 08:24 AM
  Jet2 Cancellations - how far have they got? hairybiker 17 8,612 21-05-2020, 11:19 AM
Last Post: el caballo hambriento