This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
fuerteventura jet2 flights increases

Jet2 increases flights to Fuerteventura
Jet2 has announced an increase in the number of passengers it can bring to the island.  In summer 2019, Jet2 will have a 9% increase to 266,000 seats, while in winter 2019/20 there'll be an 11% increase to 360,000 seats.  Extra flights mean extra choice for us!
5 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
Nice to see some competition to Ryanair, especially in the north of the country.
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Have seen the article about increasing flights in the news today. This time from the Travel show in Berlin. Checked Jet2 website and they do have some really nice prices for flights to Fuerteventura too.

They do fly to Fuerteventura from:
  • Belfast
  • Birmingham
  • East Midlands
  • Edinburgh
  • Glasgow
  • Leeds
  • London Stansted
  • Manchester
I Heart Fuerteventura
4 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Wink 
I wonder if Jet2 would like to use this little vid from our last Fuerte holiday  Smile

6 users say Thank You to Gone Fishing for this post
Reply Quote
Great video GoneFishing, thanks for sharing.
2 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
The English airline Jet2.com and its tour operator Jet2holidays have responded to the growing demand of their British customers by adding thousands of airline seats to the Canary Islands between October this year and March 2020.

More than 100,000 extra seats have already been put up for sale from the nine bases that the airline has in the United Kingdom (Belfast, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle and London-Stansted) to the 4 islands in the archipelago in which the airline operates.

For Fuerteventura it has put on sale, more than 10,000 extra seats from Birmingham, Manchester and Newcastle. While 40,000 of these seats will correspond to Lanzarote on flights from Belfast, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle.

For Tenerife there will be more than 50,000 extra seats from Belfast, Birmingham, East Midlands, Glasgow, Manchester, Newcastle and London-Stansted. And for Gran Canaria, more than 5,000 extra seats from Birmingham, East Midlands and Manchester.

Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, commented: “Over the past week we have seen an unprecedented increase in demand and we have reacted quickly, adding more flights and vacation packages to the Canary Islands for this winter . Our customers still want to go on vacation and we want to make it as easy as possible with our excellent service, flexibility in dates and complete vacation packages. ”

Courtesy of Diario de Fuerteventura.

... it doesn't looks like anything to do with Thomas Cook going under but the timing couldn't be better. (Sam)
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(02-10-2019, 03:06 PM)Sam Wrote: ... it doesn't looks like anything to do with Thomas Cook going under but the timing couldn't be better. (Sam)

They're just taking up the slack, Sam.  Ryanair will no doubt do the same if they think they can hit their required load factor.
2 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
As far as Ryanair go, I don’t see how they could not hit their loading quota. The flights I am on never have more than a handful of empty seats
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
What about flights from Gatwick???  My airport of  choice !
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
Someone has to bid for the old TC slots at LGW. Any bets who will get them?

By the way, Jet2, like everyone else in the industry, knew that TC would fail this year, and Sept/Oct is always the time when failures come.. If Jet2 and Ryanair didn't have a plan to fill the gap, then I would be very surprised. The CAA were planning for some time. ATOL renewal date?
4 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jet2 will have a new direct flight between Fuerteventura and Bournemouth TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 204 26-03-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Waiting and diversions on flights to Fuerteventura due to the formation of storm nucl TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 158 23-03-2024, 08:21 PM
  Jet2 increases flights from Newcastle TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 967 31-10-2022, 07:40 PM
  TUI and Jet2 Flights starting up Captain Sensible 9 6,362 24-12-2020, 08:24 AM
  Jet2 Cancellations - how far have they got? hairybiker 17 8,574 21-05-2020, 11:19 AM
Last Post: el caballo hambriento