This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
building regarding land usage laws rules

Laws and Rules regarding Land Usage and Building
After being here for 1.5 years. my wife and I are finally satisfied that this is where we will build our family home.

We will be buying a plot of land, and building ourselves on it.

It seems that there are a lot of different rules that apply to different areas. And several classifications of land that allow or permit certain stuffs.

We don't really care that the land is hooked up to utilities, we will be installing solar, a water task and could even have a septic tank on site.

Does anyone have any experience or wisdom they could share?
Is there a rule about how much % of agricultural land can be built on?
What is the classification of land that is remote but has building allowances?
Any tips on where to look?
Any recommendations for who to consult on this? (I want to avoid real estate brokers as I have a bad experience with their goals not aligning with mine)
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
2 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
Good luck, I would have loved to have done that.  I've been reading that in some rural areas a permit is required for land in a Military Defence area in Spain.  Don't know if it applies in Fuerteventura. Here's a link which may help explain it

https://www.thelocal.es/20210125/propert...er-brexit/

May be worth asking a local estate agent or solicitor.
1 user says Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
I was told if your’e building yourself it’s a good idea to have a local project manager who would be familiar with all the laws permits etc. Our solicitor ADM in Correlejo has such a service from Marcus Damsell, perhaps you should consider speaking with them as you will also need a solicitor.
1 user says Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
Oh thats interesting Emmi!
I wonder if it applies to residents with residency here or not - I guess legal advice would be needed...

Which luckily Can the Man has provided a contact for. I will see if I can get in contact with Marcus to find out what we need to look out for!
Right now we're still in early stages of discovery, calculating what we need and what costs would be in different areas. Not quite ready for a full on Project Manager - but good to start building contacts!

Thanks for the tips!
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
1 user says Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unauthorised installations on rustic land provokes concern TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 460 28-10-2023, 06:45 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Long or short term renting on the island— laws and likelihood? Ducks 0 896 27-07-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Ducks