This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major downtime last night
I would like to apologise to everyone for the forum not being accessible for about five hours. It went' down at 8PM and the hosting team managed to fix it roughly at 1am. Apparently it wasn't a simple fix as they had to deal with their datacentre and honestly, I am pleased to see the forum up & running again without any losses.

I'm extremely happy with this provider for many reasons (lots of space for all our photos, fast servers, Bitcoin accepted, speedy support, etc) and just hope this kind of downtime isn't going to repeat anytime soon.  Fingers Crossed  Fingers Crossed

So again, really sorry for the forum being off for such a long period of time, there just wasn't anything we can do to speed things up at all.
I Heart Fuerteventura
9 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Currently dealing with a bit of trouble @ hosting. Sorry everyone for any inconvenience.

UPDATE: It looks like everything is back to normal. Had to reupload a backup because the disk, this forum is running at, developed an issue and I had to simply reinstall the forum to a new partition and set everything up again. I'm pretty sure I forgot to set something up, let me know if you're missing some button or feature, please.
I Heart Fuerteventura
11 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Well done Sam. What on earth would we do without your constant attention to keeping this ship sailing. 

Thanks from the members for your excellent efforts. 

Tom.
7 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Tom, trying my best. I heard you're keeping an eye on this forum too, thank you!

Also a thank you to everyone reporting and downvoting all spam and nonsense so the moderators have much easier life to keep the forum clean. I'm honestly feeling so fortunate to be a part of community where everyone cares this much.
I Heart Fuerteventura
8 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
The company this forum is hosted with had some trouble (dying disk) and the forum was a bit unresponsive for a couple of days but we've managed to sort it out. My apologies for not being able to fix it earlier, some things simply need time.
I Heart Fuerteventura
4 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Was that the cause of the My BB SQL errors the other day?
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(06-08-2021, 09:48 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: Was that the cause of the My BB SQL errors the other day?

I think so, I had the same problem. At first I had thought it was because of my VPN.
2 users say Thank You to GMT for this post
Reply Quote
(07-08-2021, 09:30 AM)GMT Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 09:48 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: Was that the cause of the My BB SQL errors the other day?

I think so, I had the same problem. At first I had thought it was because of my VPN.

That's correct. The SQL was stored on the damaged disk and the script wasn't able to pull the data fast enough or 100% of it.
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum Migration Alert: Temporary Downtime on June 14th Sam 35 3,077 29-06-2023, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Sam