This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New LIDL in Corralejo - Right next to Mercadona
About 10 days ago I noticed some construction beasts on the outside of Mercadona Car Park in corralejo.

Initially, I thought they would finally complete the walking paths/terrace that's located between Merca and the pool.

Today, I noticed a new sign outside....

LIDL is opening right next to Mercadona :O

As someone who lived in both the UK and Germany, I have to say the main LIDL in Puerto was an absolutely disgusting experience. The filthiest, most hectic, most unwelcoming LIDL I ever visited. Germans would be ashamed to say it's a German supermarket (I am part German, and German friends have also commented on the state of it). This is in vast contrast to the LIDL I often visit on the island of La Palma, which is more akin to what I saw and experienced in Germany.

Hopefully, the one here in Corralejo can maintain some level of dignity.

Photo of the sign

[Image: ACtC-3dzBOo_hb7hpv7JfzKDsjrYIAHEiLihA5yd...4-h2238-no]
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
4 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
Official Proposal and approval doc: https://sede.gobcan.es/-/action/e3736dd0...6be205288d

Size Vs Others:

- Lidl La Oliva (Corralejo) 1.423 m2 .
- Lidl Antigua (El Matorral) 1.388 m2 .
- Lidl Puerto del Rosario 1.236 m2

Location Maps:
[Image: 1f94Z3a.jpeg]
[Image: M3ywJY1.png]
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
4 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
Have to agree, the store in El Mattoral is even worse than PR, and as someone who worked in retail for more than 50 years, IMHO opinion it is the poorest run store I have ever seen, I spent the last 20 years as a consultant and I have seen some badly run operations, whoever is managing it would appear to have no idea whatsoever.
Many Brits IMHO have the wrong opinion of both Lidl and Aldi, and dismiss them as cheap discount stores, again IMHO you have to remember they built their companies in Germany, and the Germans are not a nation to put up with cheap crap and poor service, again in my humble opinion.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Glad to see I am not the only one who feels this way.

In Germany, LIDL is regarded in the same level as Tesco in the UK or Mercadona here.
They have their own Lower (Aldi, Penny) and Higher (Rewe) budget alternatives.
2 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
(03-12-2020, 12:24 PM)McAdam Wrote: Glad to see I am not the only one who feels this way.

In Germany, LIDL is regarded in the same level as Tesco in the UK or Mercadona here.
They have their own Lower (Aldi, Penny) and Higher (Rewe) budget alternatives.

I thought Aldi and Lidl were of the same level although i must admit that I preferred the Lidl store in my local town in the UK, purely on the basis ti was nicer inside and never as busy.
Dislike the Lidl stores here intensely.
3 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
It's coming on:

[Image: 199pmlV.jpg] [Image: 0RWBrgD.jpg] [Image: cDnvAjP.jpg]
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
I have been reliably informed that the new store opens on July 22nd.
7 users say Thank You to Bertie for this post
Reply Quote
We had a month over on the Island SC and lidls came in handy being cheaper than Mercadona.
Not as good a selection but had all the basics covered and of course a bright and airy supermarket.

That’ll be why Mercadona have spruced their place up recently. Hope they tweak the prices too.
Agree with the comment the Lidls in Rosario is a lot to be desired and seems dark and gloomy.
3 users say Thank You to Kingfisher for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks for joining the forum Kingfisher!
Welcome!
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Welcome to the forum, Kingfisher. Agreed on all points although, not sure what's cheaper than in Mercadona. I feel like the prices are pretty much on par but we might be buying different products.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mercadona hiring staff TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 1,040 01-02-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Mercadona opening hours Dec 23 & Jan 24 TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 292 27-11-2023, 08:33 PM
  Mercadona particpating in Food Collection TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 202 23-11-2023, 08:02 PM
  Mercadona - citrus fruit TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 382 21-08-2023, 10:49 PM
  Mercadona in Corralejo TamaraEnLaPlaya 57 25,206 11-07-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Cotillo_Tom