Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
fue before travel pcr

PCR test before travel to Fue
I understand that during this test two swabs are taken, one in the throat and the other a nasal swab.  Does anyone know if just the throat swab can be done and the appropriate certificate can be issued. ?  Due to a previous medical issue, I am terrified of having a nasal swab. I have Googled and search for some info on this but cannot find anything definite.
3 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
Emmi, I suggest you look up the providers in your area and contact them directly. I know there is one company doing self-testing that requires a lower nasal swab only (ie just inside, but not up into, the nose), and it is a PCR test, but I do not know if the Spanish government consider them certified or not. You can find them here: https://www.letsgetchecked.com/gb/en/hom...irus-test/. However, it's definitely something some companies are doing.

I think it's best to ask the specific providers you can reach if they will work with you— Some may be willing to take a lower nasal swab if you have preexisting issues that would make an upper one impossible. Others are just sticklers for the guidelines. Good luck!
4 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
(21-11-2020, 03:20 PM)Emmi Smith Wrote: I understand that during this test two swabs are taken, one in the throat and the other a nasal swab.  Does anyone know if just the throat swab can be done and the appropriate certificate can be issued. ?  Due to a previous medical issue, I am terrified of having a nasal swab. I have Googled and search for some info on this but cannot find anything definite.

I had a short spell in hospital 5/6 weeks ago and was tested there, they go in through the mouth to the Nasal passage, so I would assume that is the Spanish Government approved test
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(21-11-2020, 05:03 PM)Johnrgby Wrote: I had a short spell in hospital 5/6 weeks ago and was tested there, they go in through the mouth to the Nasal passage, so I would assume that is the Spanish Government approved test
Crikey that sounds very invasive and uncomfortable John. Was that in Fuerteventura or the UK?
3 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(21-11-2020, 05:48 PM)Emmi Smith Wrote:
(21-11-2020, 05:03 PM)Johnrgby Wrote: I had a short spell in hospital 5/6 weeks ago and was tested there, they go in through the mouth to the Nasal passage, so I would assume that is the Spanish Government approved test
Crikey that sounds very invasive and uncomfortable John.  Was that in Fuerteventura or the UK?

Here in Fuerte Emm, it was a tad uncomfortable, but only as I was only expecting them to swab my mouth, the funny side of it the nurse came into the room all suited up like someone on a moon landing, did the test, then toook all the protective gear off while still in the room Smile Smile Smile and I have to assume I was negative as they sent me home 48 hours later and no one has told me anything different. Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
7 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Has there been any discussion in the Spanish media about what would happen if we were vaccinated would we need a test also, or am i too early in assuming someone had thought about that in the government. I will possible been one of the first due to health issues maybe as early as December, can’t see it myself, never know.
3 users say Thank You to Haribo for this post
Reply Quote
I'm sure the authorities are already thinking about all possible scenarios and once data is available re vaccinations I'm sure they will publish the relevant rules/guidance. For example I've seen no mention anywhere of how being vaccinated could affect PCR or other tests so that makes it a big unknown. And it might all be different with each different vaccine ..... I've also read that it is not known whether being vaccinated stops you from spreading the virus. You may be among the first to receive a vaccine but I think it will be quite a while until data can be gathered and reviewed and acted upon.
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Despite not knowing if we will be able to have our annual three week break in Fuerteventura over Christmas and New Year we are planning everything as if we are going. I work (it’s my responsibility to find a stand-in) and we have animals so we have to organise a house sitter. We will be flying from Bristol but at the moment we are not allowed to travel into England. Is there anyone who can help telling us which is the best and cheapest way to get a certified COVID test. We live in a remote area in south west Wales. Medical facilities are few and far between and we don’t know anyone else who is planning on traveling to Spain so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
2 users say Thank You to GSDGirl for this post
Reply Quote
I forgot to say that after lots of research we are finding it impossible to find a provider who can guarantee next day results. As the test has to be less than 72 hours old this is essential.
3 users say Thank You to GSDGirl for this post
Reply Quote
Check out Boots the Chemist.
25/75 Birmingham/El Cotillo. Cool
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spain-says-no-to-antigen-test-for-the-canaries el caballo hambriento 4 373 03-12-2020, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Mia
  Inter Island Travel in the Canary Islands including tourism travel el caballo hambriento 1 714 23-05-2020, 11:20 AM
Last Post: windermeregolfer