This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
with mobile problems

Problems with 3 mobile
Anyone having trouble with 3 mobile?

When in Fuerteventura, 3 mobiles connect to the Movistar network. Even if you manually connect to Vodafone or Orange, the phone will automatically switch back to Movistar. 

A friend asked me today if I was having trouble receiving calls as he was aware of several calls over the last two days had gone directly to voice mail, with his phone not receiving the call.  I checked my phone, and my wife's phone (we are both on 3) and we have exactly the same issue!

Since checked with another 3 user, and whilst he wasn't aware of the problem, when he tried it, he had the identical problem.

Phone call to 3 customer services has produced no useful help, they just say everything is working well with their system and they can't offer any useful information or resolution. 

Be very interested to hear from anyone else on 3. Get someone to call your 3 mobile and let me know if it connects (rings your phone) or if it goes direct to voice mail. 

TIA

Tom.
1 user says Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Tom,

Same for me.
All calls go straight to voicemail (?) no ring heard.
Has been like this since our last visit in November.
I have been asking people to text me first and I call them back.......
I wondered whether it was my phone (LG G6) but from what you say
it would appear to be not.  I am on a 3G contract.
Our other phones, one a UK payg with vodafone and the other a UK payg
with EE both work fine.
2 users say Thank You to Bertie for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Bertie.  Advice from 3 is, select network on manual and connect to Vodafone rather than movistar then turn phone off and on again. 

When we do that, the phone automatically selects movistar again (despite being set on manually select network!!!).

Awaiting 3 to get back to us with a work around. 

Tom. 

PS. Possible effect of Brexit??
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Tom,
Manually selected vodafone and managed to receive a call from our vodafone phone.
Tried again a few moments later and all I got was voicemail with no ring.
Must have reset to Movistar as you suggest.
Had googled this problem regarding our particular LG phone and it seems people
have this problem with the LG6 regardless of which network they are using.
1 user says Thank You to Bertie for this post
Reply Quote
We use Samsung J8.

Call to technical support:
1. We have no control over your network choice when you are roaming.
2. Yes, agreed they do partner with Movistar, but any technical issues are not their responsibility. 
3. Can't offer any explanation why phone on manual network selection resets itself to Movistar (its my handset, not rented, so they can't help).
4. As a priority they will turn off my voice mail in 4 hours!
5. If everything works ok, call them back on Monday to switch voice mail back on!

In other words, pretty useless, but I will have to go along with the voice mail turned off business, just to prove that it will not resolve the problem. 

Join us next week for another thrilling episode of this gripping drama!
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Tom,
Since yesterday my '3' mobile has started receiving calls okay.
Mysterious.
Reply Quote
Good news, whatever the problem was, it resolved itself sometime Friday morning. Fortunate for our friends who were completing a house sale in the UK and needed calls from solicitors, estate agents etc...

Tom.
1 user says Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Tom,
Just as a matter of interest, my "3" phone has defaulted to the Orange network
instead of Movistar and consequently works.
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems in La Oliva district 21.01.24 TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 386 22-01-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Some mobile operators to re-introduce roaming charges from January 2022 Sam 0 3,322 17-01-2022, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Using UK mobile in Furerte 14yew 1 3,684 19-09-2020, 05:37 PM
  Mobile recommendations TrickyFox 1 3,769 30-08-2019, 08:22 AM
  Any problems with Orange network? Archer 3 5,373 19-12-2018, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Johnrgby