Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
reliable movistar alternative internet

Reliable alternative to Movistar internet?
We are in Caleta de Fuste, Campo de Golf, and have had Movistar ADSL Internet, through ‘copper’ fixed line for the near six years since we moved in. Although our service is for up to 10mbs, it rarely exceeds 3. I can just about live with this, but repeated problems over the past couple of weeks have made me want to review what we could now get instead. (Dropping out completely, no ‘Internet’ light on router. In response to phone calls and emails it returns for a few hours then goes again. New router installed, no change. Just gone again today, engineer will, apparently, call to arrange a visit..... and we just continue with no internet other than phones!)

Are there any other ADSL providers? How good nowadays are non-fixed line alternatives? We do need a service that supports watching tv via iptv (although cannot watch HD with Movistar signal!)

Fuerte WiFi have warned that our location in a geographical dip might be difficult for them, but I’ve asked them to have a look. Any alternatives recommended? I’d also consider a 4g router, but have a feeling they still don’t work too well for streaming...unless anyone knows better? Cost isn’t the issue, I am paying a fortune to Movistar already. Oh, I have checked, and fibre is not yet available on our bit of the golf course, sadly!

Any advice borne of experience would be hugely appreciated - thanks in advance!
2 users say Thank You to gattaca66 for this post
Reply Quote
Best to wait, 5g will be a real sea change
4 users say Thank You to Zapparocks for this post
Reply Quote
(14-01-2020, 12:06 AM)Zapparocks Wrote: Best to wait, 5g will be a real sea change

It would be nice to have 5g by the sound of it, but given that fibre has still not reached us in this urbanised area, I won’t be holding my breath! Dodgy
2 users say Thank You to gattaca66 for this post
Reply Quote
(14-01-2020, 12:06 AM)Zapparocks Wrote: Best to wait, 5g will be a real sea change

Has anyone a time scale on this? Having said that I allegedly had a 5G connection about 6/8 months ago from Tiekom, absolute waste of time.
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movistar broadband costs and packages Dougm 5 626 09-06-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Sir Real
  Movistar off line all day Cotillo_Tom 3 627 12-03-2020, 08:13 AM
Last Post: TrickyFox
  An alternative internet option McAdam 6 879 07-02-2020, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Pete Garyga
  Tv and Internet - Movistar problem in Tamaragua Johnrgby 4 1,725 07-01-2019, 09:48 PM
Last Post: GeoffFuerte