Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
fuerteventura ireland repatriation

Repatriation from Fuerteventura
Last direct flights to the U.K. were ....

Ryanair - 20th March
BA - 28th March from Lanzarote
EasyJet - 29th March

Jet2 - 21st March but Jet2 is primarily a package holiday company and they did ensure they got all their people off by the 21st so they met their obligations fully. However they did rip off non-Jet2 customers at the airport desperate to get home by asking several hundred euros for some spare seats.

Ryanair’s last plane was a full 9 days before EasyJet’s.

EasyJet customer service was very poor indeed but they finally found a conscience and put the 29th flight on.

Ryanair packed it all in first and then simply lied to stranded customers.
1 user says Thank You to FVmouse for this post
Reply Quote
Still the odd flight via Madrid coming up. BA are running every few days back to LHR.

Check out the Embassy website if you are desperate. They are putting some rescue flights as and when. Although I have to say I'd rather stay put than route through Barcelona or Madrid.

Send a  email or message to the Embassy & let them know if you need repatriation. They are aware that several 10's of thousands Brits are still in the Canaries (I think they said).

I looks like a BA flight departed Gran Canaria today. "British Airways A320neo G-TTNH Positions for Las Palmas Repatriation Flight.
Apr 8, 2020. London Heathrow repatriation flight as BA9223"
3 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
A couple of flights scheduled from Fuerteventura to Milan for Italian residents who wish to return back home, 19th & 22nd April. More info @ www.neosair.it.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Everyone entering the UK will be forced to quarantine for a fortnight under plans being drawn up by the Government. The move follows growing pressure for tighter border controls during the coronavirus crisis and would include UK citizens returning from abroad. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...plans.html
3 users say Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
(25-04-2020, 10:27 PM)beachlife Wrote: Everyone entering the UK will be forced to quarantine for a fortnight under plans being drawn up by the Government. The move follows growing pressure for tighter border controls during the coronavirus crisis and would include UK citizens returning from abroad. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...plans.html

Important to note that they are primarily talking about self quarantine, at home:

Quote:It was agreed the authorities could visit registered addresses of arrivals to ensure they were not breaking their quarantine. 

Though they also add:

Quote:The emergency legislation gives immigration officials the power to remove a potentially infectious person to a suitable place for screening and assessment, and for public health officers to enforce restrictions on movement. 

So potentially you could be housed elsewhere if deemed high risk, I suppose. 

It's a good move from a containment perspective, though the practicalities concern me. Considering that some people will have been away for long periods and there's very limited availability of home delivery for groceries, how they expect people to return to homes empty of food when they have no ability to acquire any beats me.
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Personally I could cope with another 2 weeks of self isolation if I get back to UK. 

You can walk in the UK ,most places unless you are out in the sticks most people  live close to food outlets. So daily walk to shops for food would be just fine. In fact I dream at the moment about having a walk outside. If the self isolation is different from that on other UK citizens & says I can`t leave the house, then I will just get friends to shop for me if I can`t get a slot for online shop.

Sanchez is talking about a cabinet meeting on Tuesday to see if it will back him on letting us adults out for a walk on the 2nd May. Fingers crossed that will be agreed.

So some light at the end of the tunnel at last if that goes a head.
2 users say Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
Some of you may have seen Debbie's video on some Facebook pages regarding flights to UK for those of us here in our holiday homes.
She is compiing a list of people who may need help and is in discussions with the British Embassy to see what may be able to be arranged at some time. Send her an email explaining your circumstances so you won't be forgotten should an uexpected direct flight to the UK from Fuerteventura come about!!

concejalia@caletadefuste.es

EDIT: Removed a fullstop. Sam.
5 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(01-05-2020, 07:37 AM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Some of you may have seen Debbie's video on some Facebook pages regarding flights to UK for those of us here in our holiday homes.
She is compiing a list of people who may need help and is in discussions with the British Embassy to see what may be able to be arranged at some time. Send her an email explaining your circumstances so you won't be forgotten should an uexpected direct flight to the UK from Fuerteventura come about!!

concejalia@caletadefuste.es.

Many thanks Emmi for that have sent my details. Just one point the link you posted would not work when I tried to copy & paste it. You just need to edit the address with the fullstop at the taken off.
2 users say Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
Whoops.  Too late I cannot edit it now,but thanks for the heads up beachlife!
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(01-05-2020, 05:29 PM)beachlife Wrote: Many thanks Emmi for that have sent my details. Just one point the link you posted would not work when I tried to copy & paste it. You just need to edit the address with the fullstop at the taken off.

Thanks beachlife!

(01-05-2020, 06:50 PM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Whoops. Too late I cannot edit it now,but thanks for the heads up beachlife!

All taken care of Wink ...also pointing to your post from the top (green) announcement.
I Heart Fuerteventura
4 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Repatriation TO Fuerteventura windermeregolfer 1 284 26-05-2020, 03:03 PM
Last Post: McAdam