This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
schedule ryanair change

Ryanair Schedule Change...
(28-04-2020, 09:07 AM)fatherted Wrote: As El Caballo hambriento posted 23/04 on this thread Money Saving Expert is looking into it and possibly getting the CAA and other consumer bodies involved.

That is a good step & am aware of that but as the rules are now companies can appear to get away with ignoring the rules at the moment. It is government that make rules so rules need to change. Perhaps all Money paid to airlines for flights are held in an independent fund from the airlines till a week before the flight. If some reason the companies need funds for a flight before a set period they have to make a good case to the agency holding the funds why. If it is a government backed scheme the funds could be guaranteed by the government so if the company forfeits the Money afterwards they have the government to fight rather an individual. I`m sure there are lots of other ideas which government can come up with, to stop this recurring problem with the airlines in particular.
3 users say Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
(09-04-2020, 01:02 PM)FVMouse Wrote: Here’s a new one from O’Leary’s team. Would be interested to hear of anything similar happening to others.....

Got a flight booked UK to FV on 8 Jul, returning 26 Jul. The return leg departure time has just been moved back 10 minutes from 19.35 to 19.45 and a first notification email sent to me (had this before, they normally send three notifications over time). The email asks me to click a link to accept the change. Everything else on the booking stays the same.

Now call me an old cynic but such a 10 minute move doesn’t seem to be of the highest priority right now as the slots at FUE can’t all be full (what with a global plague an all) so I’m wondering if there’s some small print somewhere whereby accepting such a trivial change disadvantages the passenger in some way should a refund eventually prove necessary.....Hard to imagine O’Leary would think this way but who knows....

Paranoid me. Just a bit .... Won’t be accepting the change, not that it matters as there’s exactly zero chance these flights will happen.

Please post if something similar happens to you. Just wondering if a pattern might emerge.

Thanks.

Further to my original post above I chose not to accept the change. 

Now I’ve just received another email changing the schedule of the return leg not from 19.35 to 19.45 but from 19.35 to 20.45. 

The email says that because the new change is greater than 1 hour then I am free to move my flights should I so wish. Good news for me as I don’t wish to travel right now.

But one is left wondering whether I would still have this option if I’d decided to accept the initial 10 minute change to 19.45 as the new change would no longer be greater than 1 hour from this time. 

Certainly glad I didn’t accept the initial 10 minute change. It always looked strange to me.
2 users say Thank You to FVmouse for this post
Reply Quote
I received a similar email from Ryanair today for my flight (which won't happen) on 19 July.

It's the second time I've received a notification of a slight time change. I have accepted it again.  I don't want any problems when it comes to a voucher/refund.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(19-05-2020, 06:32 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: I received a similar email from Ryanair today for my flight (which won't happen) on 19 July.

It's the second time I've received a notification of a slight time change. I have accepted it again.  I don't want any problems when it comes to a voucher/refund.

I’m sure many people would say there’s nothing sinister going on here but clearly I’m less trusting.

Please let this thread know if you receive multiple changes to the same flight which add up to more than an hour in total. If so then maybe this is a predetermined strategy by Ryanair instead of announcing the full schedule change in one go and being liable for offering alternatives. It wouldn’t surprise me.
2 users say Thank You to FVmouse for this post
Reply Quote
I also had a 70mins change to the schedule. I have since found out that I can change (FOC) both flights up to end March next year but there are no flights to Fuerte after then.
3 users say Thank You to Graham Walker for this post
Reply Quote
Some mucking about going on Ryanair are now only showing flights to Fuerte from Edinburgh to 13/8 & then nothing right through to next year 🤔🤔☹️
1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
They're certainly showing up now.
Maybe taken down to do some updating as I see our return flight in September is supposed to get back to Edinburgh 5 minutes earlier.
3 users say Thank You to jimbews for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ryanair Summer Schedule 2021 Graham Walker 2 2,732 24-05-2020, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Will
  Ryan Air Launch Summer 2020 Schedule windermeregolfer 0 2,747 02-10-2019, 09:13 PM
Last Post: windermeregolfer