Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
people arrested airport fuerteventura six

Six people arrested at Fuerteventura airport
Four men and two women of Albanian nationality, between the age of 18 and 46, have been today arrested at the airport in Fuerteventura. They've tried to board two separate flights, both to Ireland, using Estonian, Greek and Romanian passports. Police officers (called by the airline crew, unsure of the passports used) arrested all six passengers and have found their real documents in their luggage.

I have a couple questions:
  1. How they managed to get to Fuerteventura?
  2. Wouldn't it be easier for them to fly to Ireland straight from Europe?
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
It depends on the story behind this. Probably easy to see that they weren’t Irish !! Was it drugs related Sam ??
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
No drugs mentioned, only that they have been charged with forgery of documents.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
It's happened several times over the past year.  I can't understand how they manage to get here.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(16-12-2018, 04:17 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: It's happened several times over the past year.  I can't understand how they manage to get here.

Just checking the visa situation of Albanian citizens and it looks like they can travel to Europe (except Ireland and UK) visa free. That brings us to the second question I had: Wouldn't it be easier for them to fly to Ireland straight from Europe?
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
They may think the security at a small airport is lax. Or they might feel they can blend in better with a bunch of tourists. Or maybe they got a package . Who knows
1 user says Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
It's happened again - 3 more arrests at Fuerteventura airport as two Albanians and one Chinese were trying to get to Dublin on false documentation - https://www.ondafuerteventura.es/tres-de...szT9JVWp6Q
1 user says Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Translated:

Quote:Agents of the National Police have arrested at the airport of Fuerteventura three men of 30, 32 and 42 years of age, as alleged perpetrators of crimes of documentary falsification. They tried to take flights to Dublin by identifying themselves with forged documents.
The events were triggered after the warning of the personnel of an airline to the police officers of the airport of Fuerteventura that several people tried to embark in flights with destination to Dublin (Ireland) showing apparently manipulated documents.
The police officers were able to verify that the documents exhibited by these, of Taiwanese, Greek and Italian nationalities, were false and lacked the security measures required.
The agents identified three men, two of them of Albanian nationality and a third of Chinese nationality, who were finally arrested as alleged perpetrators of crimes of falsification of documents.
When the corresponding police report was issued, the detainees were placed at the disposal of the competent Judicial Authority.
The police intervention was carried out by agents of the Puerto del Rosario Police Station.

The airline personnel had to call the Police officers, again!?
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
Are they using this as an unobserved backdrop into the U.K. I wonder, for whatever purposes  Huh Huh
1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Another two men arrested in the airport. Courtesy of OndaFuerteventura:

Agents of the National Police have arrested at the airport of Fuerteventura two men of 26 years of age, as alleged perpetrators of crimes of falsification of documents. They, of Albanian nationality, tried to take flights bound for Leeds and Dublin by identifying themselves with forged documents.

The Events were triggered after the announcement of the personnel of an airline to the Police officers of the airport of Fuerteventura that a man was trying to board a flight bound for Dublin (Ireland) showing apparently manipulated documents.

The Police officers were able to verify that the documents exhibited by this, of Greek nationality, were false and lacked the required security measures, reason why he was stopped by the agents.

A few days later a second man, also of Albanian nationality, was refused on his arrival in Leeds (United Kingdom) after identifying himself with documents of apparently fake Greek nationality, for which he was arrested on his return to the Fuerteventura airport.

When the corresponding Police report was issued, the detainees were placed at the disposal of the competent Judicial Authority.

The Police intervention was carried out by agents of the Puerto del Rosario Police Station.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A new VIP Lounge at Fuerteventura Airport Captain Sensible 10 2,449 14-12-2019, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Sam
  400 kilos of cocaine on a plane at Fuerteventura airport Captain Sensible 23 5,562 24-05-2019, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Johnrgby