Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
trace track spanish passenger travelling fven app england phone

Spanish trace and track app on phone for passenger travelling from England to Fven
Is it compulsory/good idea to have this or is it no longer a requirement?
1 user says Thank You to el caballo hambriento for this post
Reply Quote
All arrivals at regulated tourist accommodation are required to download the app.
Personally I don't see any reason for anybody not to have it active on their phone - better to know if you've been exposed to an identified case, in my opinion.
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
What if their phone is not of the smart variety..thanks
1 user says Thank You to Maxwell2014 for this post
Reply Quote
What if their phone is not of the smart variety..thanks
Reply Quote
As it is a requirement to download the app it is their responsibility to have an appropriate phone.
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Can you please post which  directive says this...never seen this at all...thanks
Reply Quote
It was published in the Boletín Oficial Canarias Nº 223. Sábado 31 de octubre de 2020.

I don't know if this part of the 'decreto' is still valid.

There have been lots of discussions if it ever has been mandatory to download the app. 
As far as I know, it is inevitable for a rule or norm to entail sanctions to have legal meaning. Since the canarian government did not define not downloading the app as a misdemeanor, the 'decreto' should not be legally binding in my opinion. Or at least that is what I heard when I was on the island a couple of months ago.
2 users say Thank You to Fabian for this post
Reply Quote
Just checked with hotel....they said NO...and my very good pal of many many years..she lives in Canary’s (Italian and speaks fluent Spanish) has been there thirty ish years.....I lived in Fue for 6 years so I am aware of the saying a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.....she said the statement about it being legal requirement is wrong. I read that boletin as well....
Reply Quote
Just checked with hotel....they said NO...and my very good pal of many many years..she lives in Canary’s (Italian and speaks fluent Spanish) has been there thirty ish years.....I lived in Fue for 6 years so I am aware of the saying a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.....she said the statement about it being legal requirement is wrong.
Reply Quote
I have copied the Tenerife requirements below direct from Janet Anscome - as of this morning - they are still in level 3 the same as Fuerteventura.

To enter Tenerife:
  • HERE is the UK’s FCDO for travel advice concerning Spain.

• all visitors must bring a passenger location form (digital or paper, English or Spanish – see HERE) with their personal details including where they will be staying in Spain  

• arrivals from the UK must present proof of vaccination or negative test result. The antigen test is not accepted unless the visit is for essential purposes. This measure is independent of the EU’s risk list and the UK’s coloured traffic light system. There are also restrictions of various sorts for arrivals from other countries like India, Brazil, South Africa … all travellers must check that they can enter Spain before arranging travel

• all visitors to Spain from a high risk country as defined by the EU and updated regularly must provide one of the following:
    • certificate of vaccination
    • negative test – EU-approved antigen acceptable, or obviously PCR, TMA or LAMP
    • approved medical document certifiying recovery from COVID itself 
      • certificates may be in Spanish, English, French or German – if in another language, an official translation into Spanish must be provided  

• arrivals to the Canaries from other parts of Spain need one of:
    • proof of vaccination – either of the complete required dose for the vaccine they received within the previous 8 months or having received the first of two doses more than a fortnight but less than 4 months before arrival
    • negative test – antigen acceptable
    • medical certificate confirming recovery from COVID within the previous six months
    • proof that they have not left the Islands in the fortnight prior to their arrival at the accommodation, and that in this period they have not had symptoms compatible with COVID-19  

• all national and international visitors over 12 years of age to regulated tourist accommodation in the Canaries (hotels, tourist apartment complexes, rural hotels etc) must present at reception on arrival one of:
    • proof of vaccination – either of the complete required dose for the vaccine they received within the previous 8 months or having received the first of two doses more than a fortnight but less than 4 months before arrival
    • negative test – antigen acceptable
    • medical certificate confirming recovery from COVID within the previous six months
    • proof that they have not left the Islands in the fortnight prior to their arrival at the accommodation, and that in this period they have not had symptoms compatible with COVID-19  

• All arrivals at regulated tourist accommodation will also be required to download the official track and trace app 
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
1 user says Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taking Covid 19 test in Fven before travelling to England el caballo hambriento 2 830 23-05-2021, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Sam