This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
travel certificate

Travel Certificate
Is it possible to apply for my Travel Certificate through the Antigua Ayuntamiento website, I have a Digital Certificate but cannot find a link to the travel doc on the website, any help please.

Regards
Willie
1 user says Thank You to willie5094 for this post
Reply Quote
What do you need it for? If you are resident and book online using same details as NIE or TIE it should approve you for discount and tell you you don't need any docs to prove it. Just be careful where you put middle names or how you enter double-barrelled or hyphenated names!
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Tamara

We have been resident since Aug 2018 and travelled using our travel discount doc with Fred Olsen before Brexit and just recently too without travel doc, so I assume we are in the system. We travelled to mainland Spain in December with Ryanair and I stated on booking that we were resident, once the booking was confirmed there was instructions to go to the Ryanair check in desk to get our Residency confirmed, as we only had hand luggage we went straight to security and never encountered any problems there and the way back.

We are planning on booking with either Ryanair or Vueling to go to Barcelona April 2023 to see Bruce Springsteen and don't want to encounter any problems, so this is why I was lookng for the travel certificate.

Thanks
Willie
1 user says Thank You to willie5094 for this post
Reply Quote
oooh, going to see the Boss! Nice one!

I can see why you are concerned but it's very strange that Ryanair asked you to do that if you have been OK with Fred previously. Are you sure you entered your details exactly as per NIE/TIE?

I'm afraid I can't answer the Q about Antigua ayuntamiento website as I'm in La Oliva - but good luck!
Living my dream
Reply Quote
I think the IT system in Antigua is a little behind La Olivia, so far I have not heard or read of anyone using a Digital Certificate in our area yet and personally haven't looked into it yet.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
1 user says Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(20-06-2022, 06:17 AM)windermeregolfer Wrote: I think the IT system in Antigua is a little behind La Olivia, so far I have not heard or read of anyone using a digital certificate in our area yet and personally haven't looked into it yet.

I gave it a quick glance WG and decided I would give it a miss until I had to,not my normal attitude, but????
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Yes Tamara The Boss, the last time Helen and I seen him was 1st June 1985 in Slane Castle Ireland, I think he has aged a little bit since then. Yes I will make sure that when I enter my details that I have input them correctly, unfortunately Vueling haven't released their flights yet for next April, when they do I'll repost on this thread.

Willie
2 users say Thank You to willie5094 for this post
Reply Quote
As a wee addition to this thread, myself and Helen have just returned from a cruise and flew into Lanzarote as no flights from Gatwick to Fuerte today, got bus to Playa Blanca and bought tickets at the office for the 1.30pm ferry, the fella asked what municipality we stayed and he went to another computer to check, he came back and we were charged the Resident rate, result. Who needs a travel cert.
4 users say Thank You to willie5094 for this post
Reply Quote
Exactly Willie, that's how it should work! 👍
Living my dream
Reply Quote
Good morning

Been to town hall in Caleta de Fuste and asked to renew my travel doc, showed them my old one from 3 years ago, the girl asked for our TIE and hey presto we now have our travel doc now called Certificado de Residencia. The paragraph is written in Spanish but roughly translates to say that is can be used for discounted rates of travel in Spain, thanks for all your comments, I'm cockahoop now.
2 users say Thank You to willie5094 for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obtaining a Digital Certificate / Digital Signature TamaraEnLaPlaya 49 16,832 13-12-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Cotillo_Tom
  Digital Certificate - need for renewal? gattaca66 12 6,550 11-01-2023, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Bill
  Digital certificate 14yew 11 5,744 17-06-2021, 03:12 PM
Last Post: TrickyFox
  Empadron vía digital certificate gattaca66 3 6,011 15-10-2020, 03:18 PM
Last Post: McAdam