This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
private spanish paid direct pensions charges bank uk account

UK Private pensions paid direct to Spanish bank account - charges!
Hi
Just wondering, does anyone get a private pension from the UK paid directly into their Spanish bank account and if so, what exchange rate is used (good/bad/indifferent) and do you get charged for this service?
I've enquired with one pension scheme - they use current 'bank exchange rate' and want to charge £20 for each transfer. This would leave me much worse off than receiving the Money into UK account and transferring via Wise.
Thanks for any info - please don't give personal details etc - just generalisations.
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Tamara, I have 2 small private UK pensions, 1 paid monthly and the other bi-annually. After some disagreement with one of the pension companies they are now both paid directly into my Wise (transfer wise) account. Giving me an option of moving the amount here when the exchange rate is favourable.
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
3 users say Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BBVA free banking account Cotillo_Tom 35 9,168 02-02-2023, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Volcano
  Canary Island Pensions increase TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 1,006 25-01-2023, 07:11 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  ATM charges ... Wise, Starling, Halifax Clarity FVmouse 0 1,492 04-12-2022, 02:20 PM
Last Post: FVmouse
  Which bank is best for Corralejo? Bill 12 5,556 15-04-2022, 06:48 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Wise account or problem classic 6 4,442 05-03-2022, 06:46 AM
Last Post: classic