This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
with 20yo license years valid rent driver would car

20yo with 2 years valid driver's license and would like to rent a car
Hi, guys, I have taken this from the Dark side:-
"Hi!
We are going to the Fuerteventura for the first time in January. I am 20yo with 2 years valid driver's license and would like to rent a car for 1 week. I can see only companies with 21 or 23 minimum age. Anyone knows a place where I can get a car?
Thanks." 
I have posted a link to this site and advised he ask on here, but in case he doesn,t I thought I would ask on here.

EDIT: Change of title, Sam.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
4 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Hi John I did a bit of trawling and found this from tripadvisor posted 2 years ago.

"Problem is most local Spanish hire companies will only hire to a 23 year old with a minimum of 1 years driving experience.....one or two will allow the age limit to be 21 years old, BUT , charge a premium for this facility.....at 20 years old, I seriously think that you will be pushing it to find any car hire companies that will allow car rental....I can only think of Interrent and Autos Europe ( neither of which are ´´local´´ but are international companies who use local agents).Sorry Sad"

I checked Interrent and it looks like they will rent to younger drivers, see below:

4 users say Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks for that  Martin Smile
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Goldcar does allow 19yo drivers and up. Be careful about their terrible reputation. Anyone who choose to use Goldcar should also opt for the highest rate (Premium Pack - including the Super Relax Cover) to avoid any hard sale in their office.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need a van for rent, private Mobro 1 1,016 23-02-2023, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Cotillo_Tom