Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum. This is just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere on the island.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
cotillo accident

Accident at El Cotillo
A friend alerted me to this, said someone had fallen off the cliffs near the harbour! I can't verify that though.

From Twitter, 112 Canarias:

Firefighters and Civil Guard rescue a young man precipitated by a cliff in Fuerteventura
Place, date and time of the incident:

Risco del Cotillo at the height of the last beach, municipality of La Oliva

01/23/2022

6:03 p.m.

Assessment of those affected provided by the SUC:

A 31-year-old male who, at the initial moment of care, presented various serious injuries to the lower extremities, transferred in a medicalized ambulance from the SUC to the General Hospital of Fuerteventura.
Services activated by the CECOES 1-1-2:

Fire Extinction and Rescue Service of La Oliva
Canary Emergency Service (SUC): a basic life support ambulance and a medicalized one
Local Police
Civil Guard
Observations:

At the time indicated above, the Emergency and Security Coordination Center (CECOES) 1-1-2 of the Government of the Canary Islands received an alert informing them that a person had fallen down a cliff
1-1-2 immediately activated the necessary emergency resources.
Firefighters from the La Oliva Extinction and Rescue Service accessed the place where the affected person was and after rescuing him in collaboration with the Civil Guard, they transferred him to the ambulance so that he could receive medical assistance.
Once he received the first assistance from the SUC and was stabilized in the medicalized ambulance, he was transferred to the hospital.
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fatal car accident TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 665 13-02-2022, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Archer