This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
house insurance buying advice

Advice On Buying House Insurance
We've just paid the deposit on buying a place in Corralejo and need to find some buildings and contents insurance.
This will be a holiday home only so are we best insuring from the UK or in Fuerte?
Any recommendations or who to avoid on insurers welcome too.
Loving it  Cool

2 users say Thank You to Pete Garyga for this post
Reply Quote
You will probably get a good deal from your bank for your first year, we did. But got virtually 1/2 price for second year with Liberty Seguros (Carolina Romano) in Caleta, very helpful person. No problem to set up & have just had second quote & renewed by email from the U.K.
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
I'd second Liberty Seguros but as you are in Corralejo pop in to see Robert in Atlantic Insurance, he is the local broker for Liberty. English guy, deals with everything in English for you including the Policy docs. Couldn't be more helpful. Almost opposite Centro de Salud on C/Juan Carlos 1. I tried putting a map but it shows the office at the wrong end of Juan Carlos!! You need the bit by Home Zentrum.

home zentrum, Corralejo, Fuerteventura
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
I’m with Liberty for 3 years now after previously being with Mapfre and others via Sol Bank. Over 50% cheaper I go via the agent in Caleta, but I think they have an agent in Corralejo as well.
3 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
I would also recommend Robert always very helpful
3 users say Thank You to Si Tie for this post
Reply Quote
I've had a quote for £291 from https://www.insuranceforholidayhomes.co.uk/
No idea how that compares to Atlantic Insurance but will try to find out when we're there next week.
Loving it  Cool

2 users say Thank You to Pete Garyga for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Car Insurance: I found a great company McAdam 8 5,861 30-11-2020, 12:23 PM
Last Post: McAdam
  Advice for applying for residence Waverunner 3 3,659 23-12-2019, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Waverunner
  Annual Hire Car Insurance TamaraEnLaPlaya 9 5,058 04-12-2019, 09:38 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  New insurance company asking for a letting agreement joyw76 2 4,049 15-08-2019, 07:09 AM
Last Post: TrickyFox
  House Insurance keith edwards 12 7,228 27-06-2019, 12:12 AM
Last Post: Spitfire58