This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
appointments tie

Appointments for the new TIE
Anyone managed to get an appointment in Puerto for the new TIE?

I have been trying for days and I can get an appointment in Lanzarote or Gran Canary, but nothing ever appears for Fuerteventura!

I read in a newspaper a report that some people/companies were block booking appointments and then reselling them but I've not seen any being sold. 

Anyone actually managed to book yet??

Tom.
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
We had our appointments on 10th Sept, everything went perfectly, just remember the smaller photo that you needed for your Spanish licence, you should have a few left and they photocopy it at the National Police and give you it back.
3 users say Thank You to willie5094 for this post
Reply Quote
Despite the fact that I tend to do most things myself, I just used Miguel (BoxxPro) as I know the Police there are fairly unfriendly and I didn't want to have to do all the queueing stuffs. Also with it being such a new process, I wanted to make sure that any and all questions were handled properly so I didn't have to turn up again and again.
Appointment took about 10 days I think.
about 100€ all in.
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
2 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
I also gave in doing it myself and used a "fixer" who charged €50. She did 10 of us in one morning, so earned €500 for around 3 hours work. Not a bad rate of pay by any standards!!!

Clearly the "fixers" have an arrangement for appointments, which is probably why no one else can get one!!!

Important reminder: If you have the green Residency card, or even the old white A4 sheet, you don't have to apply for the TIE. It is entirely optional. 

Tom.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Wow, 10 at once Big Grin

The Fixers do have to make appointments through a separate system I believe, and thus they probably have separate slots.
Remember that as individuals, we are looking for appointments alongside the other 100k people who live on the island and need something. Whereas for the fixers they have limited slots, but probably a better ratio of slots per applicant than the solo goers.

Im glad you got it sorted!
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
2 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
Hi, got mine & my neighbours done this week. We used a fixer. Gave us a block rate for 3.

Police Station was quite good, efficient, safe & well controlled. You do still have to wait quite a while but hey, same old. You do need an appointment.

Saw someone else's new card; looks like your Spanish driving licence, has your photo & a hologram of your photo too.

We were given a confirmation form & told it can take up to 40 (working?) days. Then they send you letter which you take back to the Police Station to collect your card. No need for an appointment for this. Just show your letter to the officer who will take you straight in to collect it.

Good job done. Didn't want to wait until after the Brexit date. Things might change or take longer or get more expensive. Who knows?. 
Better safe than sorry for me.  Cool
1 user says Thank You to OMR + MIN for this post
Reply Quote
Collected our TIE's this morning. Worked a dream at the Police Station. Showed the officer on the door the receipt we were given 40 days ago, and we waved us directly in (no waiting). Inside, an officer was waiting at his desk, he took our receipt and old green cards off to a filing cabinet and returned with two shiny new TIE's. 

Finger onto the machine to prove we were who we said we were, and he handed over the two cards. 

Very simple. Very quick. 

Tom.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Cotillo Tom,

You showed them the original receipt?

No follow up to tell you it was ready?
1 user says Thank You to OMR + MIN for this post
Reply Quote
Not the bank receipt for the fee, the document you are given when you make your application and have photo and fingerprint taken - he keeps that as well as your old green card. 

You are told to return 45 days after that session to collect your new card.
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
I forgot to update this.
I collected mine (last week I think)
And was a bit shocked thinking they gave me the wrong one.

The design was updated in May 2020 to be more inline with the rest of the EU.
Check this link for an example of the new card: https://www.machelindiaz.com/nuevo-model...-en-la-ue/

I have successfully traveled using just this card, and no more UK Passport (I carried it just in case)
3 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  La Oliva Ayuntamiento - Appointments Neccecary? McAdam 10 7,462 22-12-2020, 10:54 AM
Last Post: McAdam