This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
puerto back lidl rosario caleta bus buss

Bus back to Caleta from Lidl in Puerto del Rosario
We were hoping to get to visit this before Christmas, but the problem is the busses. I looked at the schedule, and apparently the 01, 02, and 15 stop outside it, which is fine for the outbound journey, but coming back... Considering these busses have long journeys from the terminus and the Lidl is at the very end of the route, it seems impossible to predict when they might fetch up at the stop. That's little use when you're parked outside with a lot of bags full of produce!

Does anyone have any idea from experience what times these busses are at the stop heading back into Puerto? Will we just have to bite the bullet and call a taxi to bring us back to Caleta?
1 user says Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
(17-12-2018, 05:23 PM)Ducks Wrote: ...Will we just have to bite the bullet and call a taxi to bring us back to Caleta?

What if you bite the bullet just a tiny bit, ask the cab to drop you off by Rotondas and take the bus no3 back to Caleta? Huh
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
It would still have to be timed pretty well to avoid waiting a long time in the sun (first for the cab and then for the bus) along with a decent trek down from the bus stop.

Taxi all the way might just be the best thing for it.
1 user says Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
In my opinion it's not worth making a special effort to get to Lidl.  Most things they sell are similar to what you can buy in Mercadona, Padilla or HiperDino.

if you do choose to go up that way it's worth having a look round the industrial estate on the other side of the road, where there is Ideal, Electron etc.
1 user says Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(17-12-2018, 10:50 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: In my opinion it's not worth making a special effort to get to Lidl.  Most things they sell are similar to what you can buy in Mercadona, Padilla or Hiperdino.

if you do choose to go up that way it's worth having a look round the industrial estate on the other side of the road, where there is Ideal, Electron etc.

I would tend to agree CS. It’s nice to see the “specials” in Lidl & a lot of their stuff is cheaper than others but only generally by cents. It’s not worth the bus or taxi fare unless you do it as part of a day out. IMO
To be fair, I wouldn’t go there unless I had my own transport !!
1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Totally agree with both of you. In the UK, we do shop in Lidl quite often. In Fuerteventura, last time about a couple years ago. Even if we're in the industrial estate opposite Lidl. We rather go to HiperDino in Rotondas or Inpescasa. There's just much better choices in the other supermarkets.
I understand that Lidl can have something you still wasn't able to find in the other shops. Got some good news. A new Lidl supermarket is planned to be built next to Mercadona near Caleta. The company just had to ask for a special permission due to the shop being bigger than 1,250 square metres.
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
It's not that far to walk from Lidl down to Rotundas. As long as not too hot.
2 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
(18-12-2018, 09:04 AM)Archer Wrote: It's not that far to walk from Lidl down to Rotundas. As long as not too hot.

Not sure about the pavements, though.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(18-12-2018, 09:04 AM)Archer Wrote: It's not that far to walk from Lidl down to Rotundas. As long as not too hot.

I am pretty sure there is a decent pavement {by Fuerte standards} if you walk the side of the Gokart track it must be only about a mile/
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
It is possible to walk up to Lidl from Las Rotondas on both sides of the road.  On the left is a rough track with a steep climb up to the Go Cart track.  On the other side you walk past Centrohogar, over a rough track and on to the footpath that crosses over a bridge over the barranco, and up to Lidl.

I've walked up to Lidl/the industrial estate on both paths.

Walking back with shopping wouldn't be easy.
1 user says Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote