This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
found company great insurance car

Car Insurance: I found a great company
I was hunting for some car insurance for a car I just purchased, and there are some "comparison" websites in spain (https://www.rastreator.com/) but the cheapest companies have some of the worst ratings online.
Almost all companies needed me to call them to complete, and I always put in a fake number to block spammy calls.

Then I found Linea Directa - which translates as Direct Line - which carries the same branding (but different owner) to the Direct Line Back home.

The great thing is, they have a whole Expat Department. Simply change the site to English, and ask for a quote. They will call you back and do it over the phone - with a real person who speaks almost perfect english.
I entered my number on a Sunday Evening, and got the call on Monday at 10am.

I asked lots of Qs:
All policies and documents are in English
In the event of a claim, their Expat department will handle it
Any Queries, Expat department.

AND They gave me a bit of a discount as they could price match the cheapest alternative company (ended up costing just 30€ more with a hell of a lot more coverage)

I have had any further interactions with this company, and as a result I dont know how "ethical" they are as an insurance company.

But first impressions are spectacular.
And being able to do everything in english is worth its weight in gold vs trying to fumble in spanish.

Does anyone else have any similar experiences with insurance companies here?
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
3 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
We have used them for years both here and in the UK always found them excellent.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
I've used Linea Directa for the last 16 years.
3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
I changed over to Linea Directa three years ago and everything with them has been great. 

I needed breakdown service about a year ago, and they were fabulous. Had a guy here in 30 minutes and sent a link so I could track his progress on a map!

He was super efficient and went well above and beyond what I was expecting. 

Got a call from the customer service team about five minutes after he signed the job as finished, to check I was 100% happy with the work. 

All in all, brilliant service and for less than i was previously paying. 

Twenty days before renewal, I replaced my 7 year old Fiat Panda with a brand new Kia Stonic. My premium decreased by €25!!  Still don't understand why, but I'm happy. 

Tom.
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Out of curiosity, roughly how much is it to insure a car in Fuerte? Say a standard Seat Leon or similar.
Loving it  Cool

2 users say Thank You to Pete Garyga for this post
Reply Quote
The difference here is you insure the CAR. The UK concentrates on the DRIVER more than the car.  Here, as long as you don't have convictions, you are accepted and they concentrate on the vehicle. 

Ball Park figure,  €250 to €350 per year.
4 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
I have a 5 year old Opel Astra 1600cc and pay €284 was €490 when new

Edit

I should have added this is with no excess
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
I paid €212.11 (3RD PARTY+THEFT+FIRE+TOT. LOSS) this past May for a Ford Tourneo Courier 1.5 diesel 2015 with ATLANTIC INSURANCE BROKERS (Liberty Seguros) in Corralejo. Fully comprehensive would have been €467.09, with no excess included.
2 users say Thank You to GMT for this post
Reply Quote
(24-11-2020, 08:24 AM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: The difference here is you insure the CAR. The UK concentrates on the DRIVER more than the car.  Here, as long as you don't have convictions, you are accepted and they concentrate on the vehicle. 

Ball Park figure,  €250 to €350 per year.

Just to clarify...

Insurance here is usually focused on the car, but the main driver is used for calculations.
Anyone above 26 years of age can drive the car (check policy as age can differ from company to company)
and people under 26 must be named on the policy.

I pay, as a mid-30s married male with over 10 years of clean history (they only count up to 10):
Car in Almost highest insurance Group (Big Engine, SUV, Big Value Car)
Fully Comp with full recovery, etc...
€500 excess

€550/year

This is the first year of being insured in Spain, so I am hoping the cost will go down over time.
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
4 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice On Buying House Insurance Pete Garyga 5 4,953 09-03-2020, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Pete Garyga
  Annual Hire Car Insurance TamaraEnLaPlaya 9 5,059 04-12-2019, 09:38 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  New insurance company asking for a letting agreement joyw76 2 4,049 15-08-2019, 07:09 AM
Last Post: TrickyFox
  House Insurance keith edwards 12 7,228 27-06-2019, 12:12 AM
Last Post: Spitfire58