This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
No email after registration? Check your spam folder please. If it's not there, contact us at click@fuerteventura.click

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China Town - New Chinese shop opening soon
I'm sure some of you've already noticed the massive sign next to Mercadona in "Polígono Industrial El Matorral". We had a quick look inside the shop a couple of days ago and there was three or four people unpacking boxes and kicking us out once we walked in. Here is the new sign and yes, that's the place where Edem used to be.

It looks like the existing Chinese shop is getting a facelift too, at least the outside with a new sign, although not as impressive as the China Town. We didn't have time to check if there was some refurbishment happening inside the shop but I would expect them to be pretty much stressing out about having a direct competition just a few yards from them.
I Heart Fuerteventura
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Superbarato is the existing Chinese shop.  It opened up a few years ago in competition with the original Chinese shop that was further up the road.  It didn't take long for the original one to close.

I've promised Mrs Sensible that I'll give her 10€ to spend in China Town when it opens.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:33 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: Superbarato is the existing Chinese shop.  It opened up a few years ago in competition with the original Chinese shop that was further up the road.  It didn't take long for the original one to close.

I've promised Mrs Sensible that I'll give her 10€ to spend in China Town when it opens.

You'll wave goodbye to your tenner very soon Captain. The shop will open Monday 19th Nov.

I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
Crikey - €10 !!!!  Did you win the lottery ?  Hope she doesn't spend it all at once ! LOL!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:53 PM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Crikey - €10 !!!!  Did you win the lottery ?  Hope she doesn't spend it all at once ! LOL!

It's her birthday present Emmi!  She's really looking forward to it.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Ha ha Captain. If I tried that, I know EXACTLY what the response would be  Big Grin Big Grin
Just tell me when I can retire   Cool
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Just an reminder: Tomorrow is the "grand opening". Not sure if there will be some promotion or discount (it would certainly be nice) but I guess it'll be worth to at least see what they do offer. Anyone is planning to check them out?
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
Give us an update as a price/selection in comparison to the other one please ??
Just tell me when I can retire   Cool
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
The other one was giving a 50% discount yesterday Big Grin Big Grin 

The new one certainly looks more organised and professional  Smile Smile 

Will up date in next couple of days.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
[+] 2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(18-11-2018, 09:19 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Give us an update as a price/selection in comparison to the other one please ??

I would expect them to keep the prices similar if not better than the existing one.

(18-11-2018, 09:28 PM)windermeregolfer Wrote: The other one was giving a 50% discount yesterday Big Grin Big Grin 

The new one certainly looks more organised and professional  Smile Smile 

Will up date in next couple of days.

Thanks John, looking forward your update.

50% off is quite a discount, especially on the cheap products they do sell over there. Time (and the customers) will tell if they can live next to each other and keep the cash coming in. I'm sure the competition is much appreciated by people living around.
I Heart Fuerteventura
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Superbarato - Chinese shop in Poligono Industrial El Matorral Archer 50 4,119 24-05-2019, 02:31 PM
Last Post: TrickyFox