This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
tourists current restrictions rules

Current Rules and Restrictions for Tourists
The current rules and restrictions in place are (at 25 May 2021):
Masks:
By law, face coverings must be worn in all public spaces, both indoors and outdoors, including in all public areas of hotels, except when eating or drinking in bars or restaurants, or swimming or sunbathing at the beach or at a pool, by everyone over the age of 6 or with health exemptions.
Masks are still mandatory whilst walking down a street regardless of social distancing, and fines will be issued if not worn or worn incorrectly. Last week the Ministry of Health for Spain said that they would soon relax this rule and cease to be mandatory outdoors, but this is not the case yet.
Curfews:
There are no longer curfews, but there are restrictions on opening hours for bars and restaurants. The earliest opening is 6am, and the latest closing is midnight. There are no nightclubs open.
Bars and restaurants:
The interiors of bars and restaurants are open to the public with different capacities permitted depending on level, with the distancing of tables (2 metres between backs of chairs) in place. Also, maximum groups are restricted to 6 or 10 people depending on alert level and table service is advised.
Entertainment is permitted, except for anything that encourages interaction (karaoke and dancing) are not allowed.
Social distancing:
People are advised to keep 1.5 metres away from others while in public, including regular hand sanitising, especially when going into shops or shopping centres where masks and restricted capacities are also in place.
Beaches:

You must wear your mask when going to the beach as you are in public, as well as when walking along it or paddling. You don’t have to wear one when swimming in the sea or when in your group (max 6 people unless cohabitants).
If you are sunbathing you must be at least 1.5 metres from the next group of people, and not all beaches allow the use of sunbeds.

Returning to the UK:
Travellers returning from all amber countries, including Spain and the islands, must take a COVID-19 test before their arrival in England and are required to quarantine for 10 days on their return. You must then take a test on or before days two and eight.
6 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Captain, linking to this thread from the green top banner, hope more readers will see it and stay out of trouble.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
I read today that while in general Spain no longer require a PCR test for entry from the UK the Canaries still require a negative COVID test when you checkin to registered tourist accommodation. I am returning to the island soon and wondered if anyone has a link to local legislation on this ?

TIA
2 users say Thank You to AscotEd2 for this post
Reply Quote
(25-05-2021, 09:13 PM)AscotEd2 Wrote: I read today that while in general Spain no longer require a PCR test for entry from the UK the Canaries still require a negative COVID test when you checkin to registered tourist accommodation. I am returning to the island soon and wondered if anyone has a link to local legislation on this ?

TIA

As far as I know the requirement to present a negative test is still a requirement to book into tourist accomodation in the Canary Islands.
3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
In some parts of Spain, a negative COVID-19 may be required when checking in to tourist accommodation. This currently applies in the Canary Islands. Children under the age of 6 are exempt from testing. Tests permitted are PCR (RT-PCR for COVID-19), Transcription Mediated Amplification (TMA), and Antigen tests. You should check with your accommodation provider prior to travel.

If you are travelling to the Canary or Balearic islands from mainland Spain, you may be required to present a negative COVID test depending on the region you are travelling from. You should refer to your travel operator and the local authorities in your final destination for guidance on domestic entry requirements.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice...quirements
I need a six month vacation twice a year Cool
4 users say Thank You to Mia for this post
Reply Quote
The Canarian Government have issued new rules for people who want to stay in tourist accomodation:

New conditions of access to tourist accommodation in the Canary Islands.
These are the new access conditions for all users over six years of age from outside the Canary Islands:
Negative result of PDIA, carried out within a maximum period of 72 hours.
Have received the complete vaccination schedule in the previous 8 months, accredited with an official document stating: vaccine received, number of doses and date of administration.
Having received a dose more than 15 days in advance and in the 4 months prior to the displacement, accredited with an official document stating: vaccine received and date of administration.
Having passed the illness less than 6 months before the date of the displacement, accredited with an official medical certificate or public document stating the date on which it was suffered.
Exceptions
Whoever proves to be a resident of the Canary Islands and responsible declaration that they have not left the Islands in the 15 days prior to their arrival at the accommodation, and that in that period they have not had symptoms compatible with COVID-19.
Non-residents of the Canary Islands who prove through their travel document that they have stayed in the Canary Islands for the 15 days prior to the date of access to the accommodation, and declare that in that period they have not had symptoms compatible with COVID-19.
Whoever proves having been outside the Canary Islands for a period of less than 72 hours prior to arrival, having remained in its territory for the previous 15 days, and declares that in that period they have not had symptoms compatible with COVID-19.
BOC no. 112. Wednesday, June 2, 2021: http://www.gobiernodecanarias.org/boc/2021/112/
5 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks for this Captain, I was wondering about these rules myself for a potential upcoming visit where I would be staying in a hotel.
Does anybody on the forum have any experience or knowledge of this in practice? Anybody actually checked into a hotel and presented a certain type of test/proof of vaccination and can say for sure that it was accepted?

I notice the official Canary Islands tourist site has also been updated, to reflect this change:

https://www.hellocanaryislands.com/trave...y-islands/

Am still unsure about what to do though and wondered if anyone had any experience they could share. Are a hotel really going to accept a certificate for a negative Antigen test? I have had one dose of the Pfizer vaccine but the only thing I have to show for this is a record on the NHS app on my phone, how does one go about getting an "Offical Accredited Document"? 

I will contact the hotel that I currently have a reservation with for some advice and if it contains anything noteworthy I will report back.
2 users say Thank You to Felipe Geraldo for this post
Reply Quote
Hi 

In my limited experience, the hotels are red hot on checking your paperwork when you arrive, so it is a case of presenting a certificate for the correct test taken within so many hours or you get sent to the nearest testing centre to have a test before they will check you in.  However, things are changing rapidly atm, so check with hotel reception and then check again a few days before you are due to arrive. 

Whatever you do, don't try and circumvent the regulations as the hotels don't tolerate any messing about.  

Good luck and do report back whatever you discover.  

Tom.
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Tom and I will be sure to report back. 

Before the requirement of a negative PCR test to enter Spain was removed I was intending to take a PCR test at Manchester Airport at a suitable time so the results would be returned and still valid on my check in date/time. Looks like now I could get an Antigen test in a similar manner. Also I have just found out that you can print out a certificate showing your vaccination status using the NHS online service, I will also enquire if this is any help. Overall I want to make sure I am complying with the rules and will probably err on the side of caution.

Appreciate that is very clearly laid out in the legislation what is required and what is accepted, however I cannot help remembering the fiasco that occurred when the PCR test requirement to enter the country came in, with the subsequent Canary Islands antigen test being overruled by the government and the airports, travel companies not being aware, FCDO website not being up to date etc etc. Not to mention the seemingly loose definition of anything "official" in Spain, depending on who you ask.
Just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose
2 users say Thank You to Felipe Geraldo for this post
Reply Quote
(03-06-2021, 12:20 PM)Felipe Geraldo Wrote: ...however I cannot help remembering the fiasco that occurred when the PCR test requirement to enter the country came in, with the subsequent Canary Islands antigen test being overruled by the government and the airports, travel companies not being aware, FCDO website not being up to date etc etc. Not to mention the seemingly loose definition of anything "official" in Spain, depending on who you ask.
That was really messy, would expect this summer to be very similar with things changing all the time. 😆😆

I would expect an Antigen test to be widely accepted by the hotels because that's what you'll probably get if they send you to get one on the island, before they check you in.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spain eases Covid entry rules for UK travellers Sam 0 2,252 22-05-2022, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Spain to Extend Existing COVID Entry Rules for Another Month, Until June 15 Sam 1 2,612 14-05-2022, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Sam
  Suspension of All Restrictions in the Canary Islands Captain Sensible 13 6,012 20-04-2022, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Captain Sensible
  New travel restrictions to Spain makes travelling with children Impossible? simmyoto 4 4,020 03-12-2021, 10:08 AM
Last Post: McAdam
  Negative Tests for Tourists ? Captain Sensible 94 27,137 24-11-2020, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Robbo