This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
municipality fibre optic oliva

Fibre Optic - La Oliva municipality
I nearly added this to Tom's post re El Cotillo but I thought it deserved it's own thread. Note the councillor's statement re 100% coverage next year!  Thumbs Up Fingers Crossed
I'm enlisting the help of my Spanish neighbour to write to the councillor to try to make sure that those of us that have no option currently but to use Movistar's 3G service are included. Wish us luck!

The municipality of La Oliva continues to improve its fiber optic coverage thanks to the actions carried out by the Telefónica company, within the framework of its ambitious plan to deploy this type of technology, which has allowed around 1,200 homes in El Cotillo, 377 from Corralejo and 163 from Villaverde will release fiber optics during the month of October and will join the more than 11,000 in the municipality that already have this technology. Thus, about 55% of the homes and stores in La Oliva already have broadband.
The Councilor for New Technologies, Julio Santana, values this action very positively “especially after the situation generated by COVID-19 where teleworking or online training from homes has increased. Having fiber optics will increase the possibilities of rural areas. "
FTTH fiber optics is currently the most advanced fixed broadband connectivity technology on the market, which allows reaching 600 Mb symmetrical, providing a differential experience when browsing the Internet, watching high-definition television and playing online. The ultrafast FTTH broadband provides social development and the best access to information, boosts businesses by improving their efficiency and competitiveness, thanks to the incorporation of high added value services, such as data storage or security systems.
Telefónica is building a totally new network, which allows citizens and the business community new ways of working and access to all the possibilities of the digital world (telecare, telemedicine, telework, distance education, video calls, etc.). Likewise, it contributes to achieving a more efficient, agile and close administration.
Julio Santana highlights that the objective that Telefónica has agreed with the La Oliva city council is that the deployment of fiber optics covers 100% of the municipality during the next year 2021. In this sense, “we appreciate the involvement and commitment of Telefónica to improve Internet access services for residents and businesses in the municipality ”.
The La Oliva city council itself will have access to this type of broadband in the coming weeks, which will allow for a more agile administration and reinforce the quality of electronic administration services.
Something that joins the tender that is being followed by the city council for the award of a comprehensive electronic file management system that allows improving the current system in aspects such as security, vertical and horizontal integrations, technology, data custody with legal guarantees and fully functional access.
The bidding price is 48,000 euros and will allow a more agile management and processing of municipal files. The La Oliva city council launched the electronic file processing system last year 2019, registering 10,590 files, 20,924 entry records, 8,111 exit records and 2,040 decrees.
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
The roll out isnt working

They installed fibre optic CTO connection box on my neighbours house last year. Its for 8 users. 
I applied to be hooked up but when movistar came the neighbour with the connection box refuses to let anyone else use it. 
Thats 8 homes failed by this rollout.

This project is pointless if the landowner with the CTO box refuses to let anyone else use it. Which is precisely the problem I have in Lajares.

Ive looked up the laws regarding this. But movistar dont seem to want to bother fixing the situation.

*Real Decreto Ley 1/1998 sobre infraestructuras en los edificios para el acceso a los servicios de telecomunicación.
*el artículo 29 de la Ley General de Telecomunicaciones.
*artículo 34.5 de la Ley 9/2014.

My thread here.

https://fuerteventura.click/Thread-Neigh...h-my-cable
1 user says Thank You to hugh for this post
Reply Quote
Interesting, so we may get fibre in Parque Holandes this year. 
I'll watch with bated breath and hope none of the neighbours cause any problems like Hugh is having.
Loving it  Cool

1 user says Thank You to Pete Garyga for this post
Reply Quote
(09-03-2021, 10:08 AM)The hugh Wrote: The roll out isnt working

They installed fibre optic CTO connection box on my neighbours house last year. Its for 8 users. 
I applied to be hooked up but when movistar came the neighbour with the connection box refuses to let anyone else use it. 
Thats 8 homes failed by this rollout.

This project is pointless if the landowner with the CTO box refuses to let anyone else use it. Which is precisely the problem I have in Lajares.

Ive looked up the laws regarding this. But movistar dont seem to want to bother fixing the situation.

*Real Decreto Ley 1/1998 sobre infraestructuras en los edificios para el acceso a los servicios de telecomunicación.
*el artículo 29 de la Ley General de Telecomunicaciones.
*artículo 34.5 de la Ley 9/2014.

My thread here.

https://fuerteventura.click/Thread-Neigh...h-my-cable

Can you or one of the others not accommodate the box on your property
Reply Quote
Getting there! We have a connection date for next week! (As long as our builder gets the channel dug through the garden/rock!)
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Did you have to pre-order it?
Loving it  Cool

Reply Quote
We've been hounding Movistar for months. They kept promising and nothing happened, time and again. Turns out our road isn't on their database even though we have their rural satellite service and they ran the fibra past our house a month ago. Long story short, a Spanish friend from around the corner rang on our behalf on Monday afternoon, gave a fictitious address in his road! We got a call from the engineer this morning to meet him in village to show him the house. Tech survey done, engineer spoke to our builder to confirm what needs doing and later emailed us a connection date!  Thumbs Up
Fingers crossed for next week  Fingers Crossed
Living my dream
5 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Shortly after the tech survey we had a call to say install would be Monday 5th at 9am. Our builder pulled out all the stops and got the groundwork completed, 3 days solid of manual labour for 2 people!
Monday morning at 8am we got a call from movistar, it would be afternoon rather than morning. OK. 
Half an hour later we got a call to say it would be in about an hour. OK.
Half an hour later they called to say they had run out of cable on the island, waiting for more from the peninsular! Unbelievable! They would reschedule.
8am this morning call to say it would be 4pm today. OK. 
At 12.30 while we were in Puerto we got a call to say half an hour! Hot footed it back home, engineer arrived, paced it out and said he hadn't got enough cable left on van, he'd be back another day.....
We will get it, we will, we will, pleeeease 🤞
Living my dream
Reply Quote
(06-07-2021, 12:58 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: Shortly after the tech survey we had a call to say install would be Monday 5th at 9am. Our builder pulled out all the stops and got the groundwork completed, 3 days solid of manual labour for 2 people!
Monday morning at 8am we got a call from movistar, it would be afternoon rather than morning. OK. 
Half an hour later they called to say they had run out of cable on the island, waiting for more from the peninsular! Unbelievable! They would reschedule.
At 12.30 while we were in Puerto we got a call to say half an hour! Hot footed it back home, engineer arrived, paced it out and said he hadn't got enough cable left on van, he'd be back another day.....

So close  Huh
Loving it  Cool

Reply Quote
(06-07-2021, 12:58 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: Shortly after the tech survey we had a call to say install would be Monday 5th at 9am. Our builder pulled out all the stops and got the groundwork completed, 3 days solid of manual labour for 2 people!

Can you not use Avatal up there Tamara?we have it here comes through phone line!
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Antigua municipality - fibre optic TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 196 09-01-2024, 08:06 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Internet provider, not fibre. Cotillo_Tom 2 640 12-11-2023, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Grampiangranny
  Fibre and phones out in El Cotillo Cotillo_Tom 1 383 03-10-2023, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Cotillo_Tom
  El Cotillo gets fibre optic broadband Cotillo_Tom 6 5,631 12-04-2021, 08:24 PM
  Fibre Broadband in El Cotillo Cotillo_Tom 17 7,820 09-03-2021, 08:26 PM