Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
celebrate day free plants environment

Free Plants to Celebrate World Environment Day
Plants will be available for residents to celebrate World Environment Day.

https://fuerteventurahoy.com/el-cabildo-...-ambiente/

A translation:

Applications will be made from June 15 to 21 through the web www.cabildofuer.es

Once the term has expired, the Ministry of the Environment will contact the applicant to collect the specimens

The Fuerteventura Town Council, through its Ministry of the Environment, Fight against Climate Change and Circular Economy and R + D + i, celebrates World Environment Day with the distribution of different species of flora among citizens. These are species that have been cultivated in the nursery of the Biological Station of La Oliva, with the aim of improving the vegetation cover and benefiting the natural environment of the Island.

The application and collection procedure will be adapted at all times to the hygiene and safety measures established by the crisis situation generated by the COVID-19.

Applications will be made from June 15 to 21 through the web www.cabildofuer.es (without the need for an electronic signature), in the applications-environment section, and a maximum of ten copies can be requested per application and person, always older of 18 years.

Once this period has ended, the staff of the Ministry of the Environment will be in contact with the applicant and will coordinate the collection of the copies until the stock is finished. The rigorous order of submission of applications will be followed at all times.

The collection place will be the Biological Station of La Oliva, located in Montaña de la Arena street, number 52, in La Oliva, always on the date and time assigned and following the rules of safety and hygiene (wear a mask, keep your distance of hygiene and hygiene of hands). The interested person must identify herself with her DNI or driving license.

To commemorate Environment Day, the Cabildo will deliver the following species: carob, seedling, drago, spice rack, Canarian incense, lavender, Canarian palm, common pear tree, broom, juniper, sweet tabaiba, white tajinaste, tedera and cruet.

With this initiative, the Island Corporation wants to raise awareness among citizens about the importance of flora in the natural environment of the Island.
7 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
I've been trying to find out what some of the new additions to the standard offering are. I'll post as I discover!

Tedera: plant from the legume family, used in some countries such as Australia as animal fodder. Drought resistant, flower may be anywhere between white, blue, mauve. Plant smells of bitumen when crushed!

images on Google
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Vinagrera (Cruet in the translation!)

Canary Island sorrel. Rumex Lanaria.

The Sorrel or Vinagrera is a medicinal herb found in Tenerife and all the other Canary Islands. This endemic plant gets its Spanish name from its acidic taste like vinegar.

info and pics on wikimedia
Living my dream
Reply Quote
Common pear tree (peralillo) is actually Maytenus canariensis .

link to wiki for pic, not much info
Living my dream
5 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Incienso Canaria is Artemisia thuscula.

link to wiki for pic, not much info
Living my dream
Reply Quote
Sabina.

Juniperus sabina, the savin juniper or savin, is a species of juniper native to the mountains of central and southern Europe and western and central Asia, from Spain to eastern Siberia, typically growing at altitudes of 1,000-3,300 m ASL

link to wiki for pic and info
Living my dream
Reply Quote
I think that is all the new offerings, the others are the ones that are offered most years. I only want 2 or 3 Drago this year so if anyone is not on the island at the moment and wants some plants I'm quite happy to order, collect and babysit on your behalf - let me know! First come …..

I'm sure someone was after some Especiero (spice rack in the translation!) a while back but I can't remember who.

Note to self - set reminder for Monday to place order!
Living my dream
Reply Quote
Anyone got a clue where on the website you can make the application?

TIA

Tom
25/75 Birmingham/El Cotillo. Cool
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Solicitudes , medioambiente
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Thank you Tamara.  Request submitted. 

Tom.
25/75 Birmingham/El Cotillo. Cool
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Day of the Tree - Free plants available from 19-23 Nov 2018 Captain Sensible 13 2,976 13-11-2019, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Captain Sensible