This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

registered uk driving car split

How to get a discount for travel within Spain
(18-04-2019, 09:00 AM)TrickyFox Wrote:
(17-04-2019, 08:42 PM)Sam Wrote: In my case - Living in the UK, not moving to Fuerteventura anytime soon - they would consider me as a resident because I own a property here (in Fuerteventura). But I won't get any travel discount because I'm not a resident.

I can't see how they can consider you a resident just because you own a property here - that's why they have non-resident taxes surely?
I've heard of people getting a travel discount without having a residencia.

Yes you can get the travel discount without Residencia as long as you own a property and are on the Enpadron you get the travel discount certificate by going to the town hall in Caleta every 6 months cost 1€.  I believe in the La Olivia municipality you can now print it off online as long as you have your electronic certificate, Tamara & MLA can give details on this.   Antigua are going to follow suit as soon as they get the IT sorted.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
1 user says Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Not likely to happen iin my lifetime then Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Had to split this from the UK registered car discussion.

I'm still not sure about the Padron THB, recently read a case study @ cervantesalarcon

Quote:Belgium residents Bertrand and Anne Koen have a holiday home in a small town in Spain. Being EU citizens, they were able to register on their town padrón using only their passport (as the local mayor has not enforced any rule requiring an NIE to register).

After several years of being on the padrón, the Koens took full time retirement and moved to their holiday home. They transfered their fiscal residency to their Spanish home and applied for a residency permit from the Immigration Office.

As part of this process, they attempted to import their car. As recently arrived residents of Spain they were eligable for a tax exemption on the import duties on this vehicle.

But when the Tax Authority ran a check against the Koens, their names appeared on a padrón list. Since the padrón residency proved the Koens had been living in Spain for several years, the Tax Office cited this as proof that they are not eligible for the recently arrived tax exemption and charged them full import duties on their vehicle.

Have anyone been in a similar situation?
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TIE card Travel discount tigga1958 6 4,474 24-02-2022, 04:55 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Documents needed for resident's Discount Travel tigga1958 15 9,175 15-03-2019, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Johnrgby

Forum Jump: