This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How will we stop anyone to ruin this forum
That`s me in, just one question, how can we keep the three or four people that ruined the other place from doing the same on here?
5 users say Thank You to zedzedeleven for this post
Reply Quote
(31-10-2018, 09:38 PM)zedzedeleven Wrote: That`s me in, just one question, how can we keep the three or four people that ruined the other place from doing the same on here?

Welcome in the paradise ZZ Tongue 

To answer your question: With an active moderation and using the "Thanks" & "Rate" buttons. Those two buttons as well as the rating stars of the thread will give the power to the right people - the users of this forum. Too many bad ratings of the user, post or thread will trigger the removal. I'm sure the trolls will keep a very low profile here or will never register at all.

We will also be looking for more moderators to make sure the same situation (like the ruined forum) will never repeat.
I Heart Fuerteventura
9 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(31-10-2018, 09:38 PM)zedzedeleven Wrote: That`s me in, just one question, how can we keep the three or four people that ruined the other place from doing the same on here?

As Sam has said, it will be easy to stop these forums degenerating into abuse in the way the other forum did.  Most importantly, these forums will allow the forum users themselves to set the tone.  I suppose the ideal outcome would be if all the sensible people from the old forum joined in here, leaving the handful of troublemakers to argue amongst themselves!
7 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
Anyone been on the old/other forum in the last few days. Not a single post by any of the trouble makers for days & days. There don’t seem to be any additional locked topics & the main reprobates all appeared to have been on line in that time but no posts !!! Very strange ?????
3 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(02-11-2018, 05:04 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Anyone been on the old/other forum in the last few days. Not a single post by any of the trouble makers for days & days. There don’t seem to be any additional locked topics & the main reprobates all appeared to have been on line in that time but no posts !!! Very strange ?????

Maybe they're all on holiday! Rolleyes
3 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
(02-11-2018, 05:05 PM)bedouin Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 05:04 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Anyone been on the old/other forum in the last few days. Not a single post by any of the trouble makers for days & days. There don’t seem to be any additional locked topics & the main reprobates all appeared to have been on line in that time but no posts !!! Very strange ?????

On Fuerteventura ??????
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(02-11-2018, 05:08 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 05:05 PM)bedouin Wrote:

On Fuerteventura ??????

Who knows?
2 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
I got a PM inviting me to join here.
I suspect the main troublemakers weren't sent one.
JOhn

Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same.
George Bernard Shaw, Maxims for Revolutionaries
1 user says Thank You to the_jg for this post
Reply Quote
(02-11-2018, 05:34 PM)the_jg Wrote: I got a PM inviting me to join here.
I suspect the main troublemakers weren't sent one.

Rolleyes
1 user says Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
Okay wrt the other place. Banter and a bit of mickey taking now and then is fine. However it started taking over all the posts.
Yes forums are a bit dated now with the instant gratification the people get used to with social media. But for us old school (yes I used to use bulletin boards) we are not in that much of a rush and also when you are working lots of hours there is not time to continually check insta-face-messanger.

I suspect ask a stupid question and you may well get a suitable reply but most of us here have probably learnt something at some point from the old forum. Also being new hopefully we will not get the same questions asked every other day about TV internet etc. Lets try to get questions ansered properly and not via what the guy in the pub mates brothers cousin said is true.
8 users say Thank You to fourthwisemonkey for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sport Topic in main forum Naturelover56 4 2,750 29-10-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Naturelover56
  Forum Migration Alert: Temporary Downtime on June 14th Sam 35 3,074 29-06-2023, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Sam
  Website forum functionality - How to remove the announcement banner milestone11 9 3,442 04-03-2022, 02:08 PM
  Chat box implementation into the forum Sam 7 2,678 19-03-2020, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Spitfire58
Bug Report any issues with the forum here please Sam 38 12,095 21-01-2019, 10:35 PM