This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
itv taking still car place

ITV for car - still taking place?
What's the current situation re ITV for car .  Mine expires shortly and will need to renew before we return to UK.
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(16-03-2020, 10:46 AM)Emmi Smith Wrote: What's the current situation re ITV for car .  Mine expires shortly and will need to renew before we return to UK.

I would expect them still being open. Having ITV is a necessity in my book. Less sure about the possibility of going back to the UK later on, though. Huh
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
ITV stations are closed - https://www.serviciositv.es/estaciones-i...rteventura
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Shocking. The hairdressers are allowed to be open and ITV station, necessary for the safety of the road are not??
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(16-03-2020, 12:33 PM)Sam Wrote: Shocking. The hairdressers are allowed to be open and ITV station, necessary for the safety of the road are not??

Such a bizarre choice they made there... However, none of the hairdressers I've passed today have been open at all.

I think all governmental things are being given a general pass for now, though, so I would imagine having an expired ITV is not going to cause an issue when the centres are closed. If your car is parked on private property when you are in the UK, can you still get in trouble?
4 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Right, so if all ITV testing stations are closed, looks like my car will  be illegal?  What's the situation then ?  I know I cannot legally drive it without an ITV, but what's the situation for just leaving it parked up on the road until I get back.  I don't have an off road parking space. It obviously will not be driven as I will not be there.
Reply Quote
You could try emailing the Ayuntamiento and asking what the best course of action is? The email I found is this: secretaria@ayto.antigua.es. 

There is also a phone number (928 878 004), but I suspect it will be hard to reach anyone by phone right now! 

I'm sure if you explain the situation, they might be able to put a note on file and/or grant you an extention until you return from the UK. When are you leaving?
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Hairdressers are now not allowed to be open. There was an update to the State of Alarm announcement yesterday.
4 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Ducks, but not sure the Ayuntamiento would be the place to ask - I was thinking Trafico?  I am not talking about Road tax which  the Town Hall collects , but ITV (MOT) which does not seem to be town hall connected?
Reply Quote
(16-03-2020, 04:47 PM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Thanks Ducks, but not sure the Ayuntamiento would be the place to ask - I was thinking Trafico?  I am not talking about Road tax which  the Town Hall collects , but ITV (MOT) which does not seem to be town hall connected?

Their email seems to be oltf@dgt.es.  

ITV Mattoral also have an email address, though I don't know if anyone will be monitoring it: administracion@itvmatorral.com.   

I would probably copy all three on a begging email and hope somebody got back to me with some useful information!
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote