This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ikea delivery times your experiences
Just wondering how long Ikea take to deliver?
I will be over soon but our place has no bed (long story).
So I will need to try and get one delivered and knowing
roughly when would help me try and plan something.
thanks in advance
2 users say Thank You to Si Tie for this post
Reply Quote
Si, if some one has access to your place like a key holder why not order a delivery and assembly before you get there. I did that a few years ago for 2 beds, couch and some lockers. It was very simple, they just coordinated with my key holder.
1 user says Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
It is just two days for pick up. Can you not go through the process of ordering online and opting for home delivery to see what it says. You can abort before you finally pay I'm guessing.
2 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
I know this is not exactly what you are asking but when we got our place we were in the same position. Turned out on my first visit water & electricity still had not been connected 😩😩 I did all our ordering from IKEA online with a collection the day after I arrived. Same for the stuff we sent out with Woodside. I went out on my own as the wife wasn’t up for “camping” 😂😂 Also took out 3 x 20kg packages on Ryanair with loads of what I thought would be easier than sourcing locally (with little Spanish), including a few led torches, got a blow up lilo from one of tourist shops & just went from there. It was all good & was actually all part of the adventure TBH. Best thing we/I ever did
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
We did order some furniture online and picked up on the way from the airport. Just got a bigger car than we normally would. It's much easier to collect everything up, not wasting our limited time on the island, IMO.
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks for all the replies at worst I will buy do what spitfire suggest and buy a lilo.
3 users say Thank You to Si Tie for this post
Reply Quote
You can order online about a week in advance— IKEA will usually hold it for you for a couple of days. Lead times vary, but if it's listed as in stock, you can expect it within the week at the outside, but usually within two days.

Sam's suggestion of collecting on the way from the airport is a good one, but you can also order delivery if you don't plan on taking a car. If you Google, you can get a number to call them to arrange delivery for the day you arrive or the day after or something?
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Wanted to order some things from Ikea this evening, could find it in UK catalogue online but not in Fuerte/Lanza one. Used the online help chat, got a real person instantly at 10pm who spoke perfect English. She found the items in the GC and Tenerife catalogues and said I could order at the store or on the phone and they'd be here in about 10 days, they would then contact me to arrange delivery. Great 5* service! You can even choose to speak to the same person again or leave them a message if they aren't on shift. The online help chat appears to cover everything so give them a ring with your delivery query. Against each agent's profile it shows which languages they speak - I had 6 to choose from at 10pm!
Living my dream
8 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(28-11-2019, 11:31 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: Wanted to order some things from Ikea this evening, could find it in UK catalogue online but not in Fuerte/Lanza one. Used the online help chat, got a real person instantly at 10pm who spoke perfect English. She found the items in the GC and Tenerife catalogues and said I could order at the store or on the phone and they'd be here in about 10 days, they would then contact me to arrange delivery. Great 5* service! You can even choose to speak to the same person again or leave them a message if they aren't on shift. The online help chat appears to cover everything so give them a ring with your delivery query. Against each agent's profile it shows which languages they speak - I had 6 to choose from at 10pm!

That's super helpful to know, thank you!
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IKEA - a new shop and cafe Captain Sensible 3 1,114 26-12-2022, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Sam
  IKEA - Family Card - how does it work? Mia 4 1,934 13-03-2022, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Mia
  Buying items from IKEA el caballo hambriento 17 5,219 25-08-2021, 05:04 PM
Last Post: el caballo hambriento
  Old IKEA store TrickyFox 24 13,184 24-10-2019, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Sam