This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
social naturism media

Is social media killing naturism?
(04-11-2018, 09:32 PM)Sam Wrote: I wouldn't worry about the drones, the "kids" will probably edit you out anyway. If you want to worry about somebody watching you naked in your own garden just think about the googlemaps for a second. I know, I know the image quality isn't that great. BUT, they use the same quality as it used to be 10 years ago. In 10 year time the technology went a huge step up.
Google is just a tiny company but what about other subjects, like country/countries. How many pics of yourself could be taken daily without you knowing?  Huh Big Grin Big Grin

But if you don’t know about it, should you care  Dodgy Dodgy
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(04-11-2018, 10:19 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 09:32 PM)Sam Wrote: I wouldn't worry about the drones, the "kids" will probably edit you out anyway. If you want to worry about somebody watching you naked in your own garden just think about the googlemaps for a second. I know, I know the image quality isn't that great. BUT, they use the same quality as it used to be 10 years ago. In 10 year time the technology went a huge step up.
Google is just a tiny company but what about other subjects, like country/countries. How many pics of yourself could be taken daily without you knowing?  Huh Big Grin Big Grin

But if you don’t know about it, should you care  Dodgy Dodgy
Thant's the thing. You should care about the things you can't see, not the other way.

...but again, being on the island is usually the only thing I do care about and if somebody want to watch my naked *** they'll better enjoy view Big Grin
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
To return to the original question in the topic heading:
In my opinion it is the relentless media obsession with the "perfect body" whatever that is - for example the plague of adverts which arrive each spring asking if your body is beach ready. 
With such pressure being applied by some of the best professional persuaders available it isn't surprising that so few younger people who have been subjected to it for the whole of their lives are reluctant to strip off in public.
JOhn

Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same.
George Bernard Shaw, Maxims for Revolutionaries
3 users say Thank You to the_jg for this post
Reply Quote
(04-11-2018, 08:15 PM)bedouin Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 08:13 PM)Sam Wrote:  Cover your face. Not many people will recognise you without seeing your face too.

Smile

Ha ha - two things with that  Rolleyes

1 - You would keep walking into things  Big Grin 
2 - It depends on how Often other pps have seen the rest of you. I think Quasimodo would still be recognised, lol

Big Grin
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Perhaps the recent media attention to Plus size models may help to address the concerns created by the 'is your body ready for the beach' articles?
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(10-11-2018, 12:20 AM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: Perhaps the recent media attention to Plus size models may help to address the concerns created by the 'is your body ready for the beach' articles?

Hopefully! But anyone who's been on a naturist beach knows that there's a huge range of body types/sizes.
2 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Corralejo mid July naturism report Fizzy Lemonade 0 5,801 20-07-2019, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Fizzy Lemonade
  British Naturism (BN) - worth joining? bedouin 2 5,999 12-11-2018, 08:33 PM
Last Post: bedouin