This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
kite rescued surfer by helicopter

Kite surfer rescued by helicopter
Noticias:

Rescued a kitesurfer adrift in Puerto Lajas.

He was rescued by the helicopter when he was adrift

The GES helicopter rescued a kitesurfer who was adrift in the sea between Lapiaz and Puerto Lajas this morning.

The athlete had lost control of his kite and was in trouble with no chance of returning to land. He was rescued unharmed.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
A kite surfer adrift and out of his depth needing to be rescued by a helicopter. Not much of an athlete then.
(21-02-2024, 09:37 PM)Alberto Wrote: A kite surfer adrift and out of his depth needing to be rescued by a helicopter. Not much of an athlete then.

I don’t think that’s any kind of a fair comment when someone’s life was at risk.
2 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
My point was a kite surfer who is out on the open ocean and loses control of his/her kite and needs to be rescued isn’t an athlete. They’re a novice and probably way out their depth.
They have a few lessons in a safe lagoon and think they can go out on the open ocean, with no back up, and end up needing to be rescued at a massive cost to the taxpayer. I would call that unfair.
3 users say Thank You to Alberto for this post
I can accept your reasoning however, do we know he was NOT a professional athlete?, accidents can happen to experts also.
OK, we can see both viewpoints but don't know all the facts and will just go round in circles so I am drawing a line under the thread.
Thanks for contributing your opinions.
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transferred to Gran Canaria after being rescued from Cofete beach TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 445 26-11-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Minor rescued from the sea in Fuerteventura, El Cotillo TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 508 22-10-2023, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Gone Fishing
  Boy rescued from hotel pool Morro Jable TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 299 13-10-2023, 08:45 PM
  2 children rescued from sea at Caleta TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 427 04-10-2023, 08:31 PM
  Rescued by helicopter - Nuevo Horizonte TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 578 31-07-2023, 08:12 PM