This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
ayuntamiento appointments neccecary oliva

La Oliva Ayuntamiento - Appointments Neccecary?
I need to do my Empadronamiento in La Oliva. Are appointments necessary at the moment?
I haven't seen anything online and was wondering if anyone has been in the last few weeks.
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
1 user says Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
I'm not aware that an appointment is required. I was there last week for the historical record of empadron, and didn't have an appointment for either visit. 

Tom.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(05-07-2020, 03:01 PM)McAdam Wrote: I need to do my Empadronamiento in La Oliva. Are appointments necessary at the moment?
I haven't seen anything online and was wondering if anyone has been in the last few weeks.

hi,
did you confirm if appointment was necessary or not ?
2 users say Thank You to stewart1875 for this post
Reply Quote
(07-07-2020, 03:37 PM)stewart1875 Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 03:01 PM)McAdam Wrote: I need to do my Empadronamiento in La Oliva. Are appointments necessary at the moment?

hi,
did you confirm if appointment was necessary or not ?

Yes, I called and they informed me that appointments are now mandatory for everything.
I made an appointment in Corralejo for Saturday (+6 days from call)
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
4 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
Try turning up at La Olivia tomorrow without an appointment and I'm prepared to bet you a pint (jarra) that you will get your empadron without an appointment!!

Tom.
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Apparently a lot of official offices implemented appointments only from either the 1st or 4 the July.

I was at the Policía National a couple of weeks ago to get a NIE for my wife, but when she's went back on Monday with some missing paperwork they turned get away and told her to make an appointment.
2 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
(07-07-2020, 08:48 PM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: Try turning up at La Olivia tomorrow without an appointment and I'm prepared to bet you a pint (jarra) that you will get your empadron without an appointment!!

Tom.

i will give this a try on friday in corralejo Smile
3 users say Thank You to stewart1875 for this post
Reply Quote
TL;DR: Yes Appointments are necessary, yes its possible to be dealt with without an appointment but just make an appointment to make yours and everyone else's life easier Big Grin

Just an update on my situation:

Last Monday (06/07/2020) I called La Oliva to ask, and they informed me that appointments are necessary, so they forwarded me to Corralejo.
An appointment was made for the 11th at 9 am.... but it was a Saturday and the Corralejo office was closed.
Maybe I misunderstood the date/time over the phone.

Today (Monda 13/07/2020) I went to the Corralejo office at 9 am, explained the appointment mixup to the security lady, spoke with one of the representatives and explained that I have an appointment at DGT (Traffico) later today. She asked me to sit on the benches and wait.
15 minutes later I was called in.
10 minutes later I left with the paperwork.

Whilst it seems that they might deal with you without an appointment, I would not recommend it. The appointments are there to ensure that they don't get overcrowded at certain times and that there is always a good flow of people in and out, without anyone having to wait longer than a short while.
3 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
Well as always in Spain, consistency is not a strong point.

Down here in Pajara, an appointment can be made online for everything except empadronamiento and getting the travel discount certificate.

I used up over 5 hours of my life last week that I will never get back just trying to update my empadronamiento with my new address (also in Pajara) at the Costa calma office.

First time on Monday I decided I would come back another day because the queue was out the doors up the path and into the main road. (Must just be a busy day right? There is only one guy working there!)

Wednesday I joined the queue of 9 people and waited for an hour until eventually I was told to go home because there were still 2 people in front of me in the queue and they were only doing one more...

Friday I am there 5 minutes before the office opens and there is already a queue of 9 people in front of me again (somehow within 15 mins that number grew to 12), I wait for 2 hours only to be told by an idiot (who is wearing latex gloves but no face mask) that I bought an apartment that doesn't exist and I can't register at it because it isn't in the database....

Oh, and there was no printer ink to print certificate all week either, despite the fact that Pajara just signed a €150,000 contract for stationary supplies to serve a population of 22,000 people!! 

You know something is wrong when there is a queue at the door when the office opens at 9.30 and the queue is even longer when the office shuts at 13:00....

Oh and another 2 hours later, when I finally got it sorted in MorroJable, I wandered over to pay my IBI and basura thinking I was taking a risk sticking my head in the door without an appointment, only to find two helpful guys sitting with zero work to do, just waiting to take my Money!
4 users say Thank You to Lexeus for this post
Reply Quote
Not sure if this info belongs here or with TIE stuff . Mr moderator feel free to move.
We went into La Oliva Ayuntamiento ( no appointment necessary) in order to change our Padron validity from 2 years to 5 years.

No problem with that. BUT on completion the lady told us very nicely that from 1st Jan La Oliva will NOT  be  accepting green card and passport from UK nationals for anything.

The council will only accept the card with Photo (I presume the TIE)
My Spanish is rubbish but she used small words and spoke slowly so I am quite confident that we understood.
2 users say Thank You to DavidP for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ‘Car tax’ letter from ayuntamiento gattaca66 0 500 13-11-2023, 03:10 PM
Last Post: gattaca66
  Padron - Ayuntamiento TamaraEnLaPlaya 16 6,356 03-05-2022, 05:08 PM
Last Post: DavidP
  Appointments for the new TIE Cotillo_Tom 12 7,989 22-03-2021, 05:47 PM
Last Post: DavidP