This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
lager mercadona lidl

Lidl/Mercadona Lager
We do our heavy shopping i.e. water, tins, beers etc. on the way to the Villa on arrival as we don't have a car for all of our time on the island. A couple of years back we shopped at Mercadona and they didn't have any branded lagers, i.e. San Miguel, Dorada, Tropical, Estrella, Amstel etc. (all of which we like). Can't remember what it was called but the lager we bought, in our opinion, wasn't very nice. So could anyone let me know what 'branded' lagers Lidl or Mercadona sell now as the other products we need will be fine from either of these shops, and at a good price, which is important as we will be stocking up for three weeks. Will be grateful for any info.
2 users say Thank You to GSDGirl for this post
Reply Quote
Mercadona do Steinberg, which they have done for years, and IMHO it is not very nice, drinkable but that,s all Lidl do something like Argos Argus which again in my opinion tastes better, they currently have Perlenbacher on offer which I think is excellent, but it is down to individual taste.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks for that info John. Sounds like we have much the same taste. Now I know they don't do 'branded' I'll pack hubbo off to Hipes for the beers while I do the food and household stuff in either Lidl or Mercadona. Wonder which stocks the best choice? Any recommendations from anyone who uses either would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
Husband just confirmed - it was Steinberg we bought before.
Reply Quote
Mercadona normally have branded lagers! I'm going in later, will do pics 🤣
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Tamara, that's kind of you. Be nice if we could meet up again one lunchtime in Tindays for a catch up.
Reply Quote
I know for many of you is out of your way, but I wouldn't dismiss Hiperdino at La Rotonda shopping centre, forget about the others, the little ones or the Super Dinos. Good stock and decent prices. I drink their own brand of no alcohol beer, 27 cents per can, and I find it superior to the other zero alcohol cans in Lidl. San Miguel in the 33cl can is 52 cents, the 50cl 80 cents.
4 users say Thank You to GMT for this post
Reply Quote
(23-11-2021, 10:44 AM)GMT Wrote: I know for many of you is out of your way, but I wouldn't dismiss Hiperdino at La Rotonda shopping centre, forget about the others, the little ones or the Super Dinos. Good stock and decent prices. I drink their own brand of no alcohol beer, 27 cents per can, and I find it superior to the other zero alcohol cans in Lidl. San Miguel in the 33cl can is 52 cents, the 50cl 80 cents.

Please do not take this as any sort of criticism, but non alcoholic beers and wine always amuse me I simply do not see the point, having said that I was heading up the M4 for a meeting in Leeds about 40+ years ago with 2/3 passengers and pulled off near Leek service's, to find a pub we could have lunch in, at the bar there wasa lager i had never seen before, so I tried it and it was fine after 2 pints i decided I had better not drink any more and went to by a tomato juice, on the bar there was a leaflet holder which out of interest picked up, it referred to the lager I had been drinking, it turned out to be the first ever non alcoholic draught lager, I cannot remember it's name, but I believe it was brewed by Websters. Confused Confused
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(23-11-2021, 11:35 AM)Johnrgby Wrote: Please do not take this as any sort of criticism, but non alcoholic beers and wine always amuse me I simply do not see the point,
I tried it and it was fine after 2 pints i decided I had better not drink any more

Pretty sure that's a big part of the point! If you couldn't tell the difference, it makes life a lot easier for people who are trying to cut down on their drinking both in terms of force of habit/taste, as well as the social aspect. I'm not much of a drinker and I can't be bothered to pretend otherwise, but some people really seem to take this personally and take it as some kind of challenge or problem to fix, so I completely see the appeal of non-alcoholic drinks in social settings!

I would also recommend the big Dino in the Puerto centre. Not specific to booze, but generally a way better selection of everything than any of the minis. In Caleta, I think the one in the White Centre probably has the best stock generally, but the new one on the main street has been done up so nicely it's worth a look too.
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
As you're staying up corralejo way, I think, there is the big HiperDino down in the old town. 
I've got pics from mercadona and lidl that I'll upload later.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote