This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
transfer money

Money transfer
Hi Sam

Not sure I explain myself to well.  The reason is I then want to put the Money into a Spanish account.
I understand its easy to put Money in but what is the process for then transferring it out into another 
account?
2 users say Thank You to Si Tie for this post
Reply Quote
Sorry SiTie, I completely forgot about the Spanish account part. Usually a couple or three working days to reach our Sabadell account. No longer nor shorter than using CurrencyFair if I remember correctly.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Takes approx 48hrs to go from Revolut card to Spanish bank account. Transferred a couple of hundred to ours a couple of weeks ago
3 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
I don’t have a Revolut card just and app.  Will that cause problems?   Just don’t want the Money stuck in the account whilst I wait for the card, thanks
1 user says Thank You to Si Tie for this post
Reply Quote
No worries, you'll be able to send the Money to your Spanish account, no need to own a physical card.

You'll also get a virtual card, handy for online shopping.

Because there's no fees whatsoever, start with a smaller sum. Like: £20 transfer to Revolut, exchange and send to your account in Spain. This way you'll have a much better sleep even if something goes wrong.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Honestly Sam I am really struggling with this Resolut account and site.  No customer services to ask how do I transfer Money.
Joined the community and I cannot post a question.  Every time I try find anything on the site it just keeps asking me for my phone
number and then thanks me for signing up.  Cannot find any way it instructs me on how to transfer Money to a Spainish account very
frustrating as they are offering the best rate
1 user says Thank You to Si Tie for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Si Tie,
I will try to talk you through it from my app. Hope this works.
Open the app &on the bottom there should be (from left) accounts, analysis, payments, cards, more. You want “payments”, on the top of the next page is (from left) near me, bank transfer, schedule, payment link. You want “bank transfer”. Next page (from top) is a plus sign & add new beneficiary. You will need to hit this, select “to myself” & then input your Spanish bank details. Should be ok from there. Hope this helps.
There is a help chat as well. Go to “more” on the first page & the “?, help” at the top, scroll down & you will see “chat to us” & an indication of whether chat is on or offline
Cheers . . Ron

TBH, I find Revolut the best ever & quite simple to use. You will be fine, once you get this hang of it 😁😁
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(17-05-2019, 09:00 AM)Si Tie Wrote: ...Joined the community and I cannot post a question.  Every time I try find anything on the site it just keeps asking me for my phone
number and then thanks me for signing up...

Don't bother with the website, use the chat within the app, please.

(17-05-2019, 09:29 AM)Spitfire58 Wrote: ...Go to “more” on the first page & the “?, help” at the top, scroll down & you will see “chat to us”...

They are great, always replied pretty quickly, no matter if they were online or not.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Gents,

The App is so much easier to us than the website.  I am going to transfer a small amount to make sure it
is working properly.  Worth the effort Revolut 1.14 Money Corp 1.12 My UK bank 1.10 (and a £4 fee)
2 users say Thank You to Si Tie for this post
Reply Quote
Apologies if I’m missing the point, but you seem to be having to go through an awful lot of hassle to make a simple transaction. I use TransferWise to move GBP to my Spanish account each month, and they have been faultless, with real people on the phone if any queries (when moving larger amounts for a car purchase, for example, and needing to satisfy Money laundering regs). 

I get the spot market rate and pay a small fee. In each of the past three months the Money has hit my Sabadell account within minutes of my completing the GBP payment. The longest it has ever taken is two working days. As I say, I may have misread the problem/question, but wanted to share my own experience if it helps!
3 users say Thank You to gattaca66 for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alternatives To Wise For Moving Money Tardis 9 1,194 06-01-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Will
  Money Transfer FUE - UK GeoffFuerte 16 6,117 15-04-2022, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Bill
  Money Transfer Speed - TransferWise MLA 48 17,410 20-06-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Johnrgby
  Moving money into Euros FVmouse 4 4,306 28-08-2020, 06:54 PM
Last Post: F1refly999