This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
naturist sunloungers beach

Naturist beach sunloungers
Just wondering if there are any sunloungers used by naturists on the stretch of beach between the Riu Palace Jandia & the Hotel Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace?

I gather that most head towards Morro Jable Lighthouse before stripping off?

Think the beach is Playa del Matorral, any other information that may be helpful is much appreciated

Thanks
1 user says Thank You to Fizzy Lemonade for this post
Reply Quote
North of the lighthouse is the rule of thumb and there are sunloungers etc in that area.  We always rent a car for our two weeks, as it pays for itself in transfer fees and taxis. It also opens up some more attractive beaches of the island, rather than the wide open expanse of Jandia
1 user says Thank You to Magoo for this post
Reply Quote
It's easier to say the lighthouse but the area by lifeguard station is already mostly nude. Station 3 I think.
2 users say Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
BTW it's Playa del Matorral for most of the distance. I think after 1km maybe a bit more things narrow and that's Playa Butihondo . The names don't matter but the two beaches are very different. Matorral is wide with deep sand. Butihondo is much more narrow and depending on the wave action you may see some exposed rocks. Most of naturists on Butihondo aren't using loungers
1 user says Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks gents,

I do like wide expansive beaches though, we will be there mid September

We will have a car & do plan to head up the coast to some of the other beaches, any tips or recommendation appreciated

Happy New Year
Reply Quote
If you can manage without lounger you can just walk. There are more than 10km of beaches for you to see. All connected. But the more remote beaches have far few loungers. Playa Mal Nombre for example is interesting but IIRC the number of loungers is very limited.
Reply Quote
Loungers aren't critical, nice to have a bit of comfort sometimes though.....the stretch of coastline between Playa Del Mal Nombres & Esmeralda Beach looks inviting with different access points, which area & access point would be best, only interested in walking & sunbathing, no interest in kite flying or surfing although don't mind watching....or any other recommendations

The beaches around Magic Life & Jandia Princess, while I have never been there do not seem as inviting unless you really think they are worth a visit? There may be more facilities there which would be welcome, if anyone can advise, that would be great
Reply Quote
Playa Cebada is the narrowest closest to the old town. Very few naturists on the loungers.

Playa del Matorral is long and wide. Many naturists between life guard station 3 and 5 ( I think) Less on either side of this. Loungers. Bar/restaurant at each end. Plus one in the middle. I think.

Playa Butihondo is narrower. The first bit if you're coming from Matorral doesn't have any loungers. I can't remember where the loungers are on this beach.

I think Playa de Caretta is next . Some loungers etc.

If you want loungers and food Playa del Matorral is the best. The rest have some loungers and food.
Reply Quote
(01-01-2019, 08:44 AM)Fizzy Lemonade Wrote: The beaches around Magic Life & Jandia Princess, while I have never been there do not seem as inviting unless you really think they are worth a visit? There may be more facilities there which would be welcome, if anyone can advise, that would be great

Quote:We use the section of beach just north of these two hotels, not far from the Robinson water sports facility. The end section of the sun loungers before the stone circles has been used by naturists for as long as we have been visiting the island (20 years +).  Pros. Slightly more sheltered from the wind, easy access to the sea with relatively safe swimming, beach bar and facilities within five min walk but not on top of you, sunbed & sombrillo hire. Like minded people who will keep an eye on your stuff if you want to nip off and eat. 
Cons. Steep cliff to negotiate, ok going down but hard going returning carrying all your beach gear.  Sand quality / quantity unpredictable and subject to storms.  When the sand has been stripped, you need neoprene shoes to swim at low tide, however when the sand is back, it’s perfect.  Quite a lot of textiles troop along the shore line on 'constitutionals'. You don’t get too much blatant rubber necking, but a cheery wave sets them back looking where they are going.

Hope this helps
2 users say Thank You to Magoo for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info guys,

Had a chance to look at these beaches a bit more, hopefully get to try some or all of them, great thing is they are only a short drive from our hotel, can you park a car near Magic Life & walk onto Playa Esquinzo there, Google maps doesn't show many cars parked in that area, they seem to be parked on Calle Pueblos, maybe thats as close as you can get due to the hotels? Just wondering?
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuerteventura Princess Naturist sauna bigcountry 2 447 24-03-2024, 05:59 PM
Last Post: bigcountry
  Where else do you go for naturist sunshine? bedouin 21 10,324 16-02-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Fizzy Lemonade
  Naturist holidays and accommodation Nudebather 1 553 10-02-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: OldTodger
  Visiting naturist Nudebather 0 766 28-10-2023, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Nudebather
  Aparthotel with Naturist pool Benny5kids 5 1,627 01-08-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Trent Schofield