This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
spain coming lockdown

New lockdown in Spain coming
I just read* Sanchez is talking of a new lockdown in Spain commencing 18 Sept. Closing all land borders to Portugal and France as well.

*I cannot verify this on BBC or other news sites. May just be gossip.

Noticed EasyJet has started cancelling a few flights, Wizz Air reduced their service and just had an email update from Vueling warning of upcoming cancellations in Sept. 

Let's hope it is more targeted this time, and stop those from the peninsular importing the virus into the islands (as the new recent cases in Lanzarote).
2 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
Mmmm? Not good news at all.  Seems we are all unable to "plan" our future travel for a lot longer than first thought.
3 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
Just seen this on the N332 FB page - yet another contradicition....

N332
2h ·
Spain is NOT going back into lockdown
There have been many rumours all over Facebook this morning about Spain going back into lockdown.
There is NO OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION from the Spanish Government about a new ‘lockdown’ at all. There is NO official information about borders closing. At the moment, the Government is focusing on controlling the small outbreaks across the country.
There has been NO mention anywhere about another lockdown or confinement, nor going backwards into different phases (only in some small areas of Spain has this been put in place, to control outbreaks).
As always, N332 will translate and publish all government official statements as and when they happen. N332 will only ever post true information from official government sources, never will we post ‘news’ stories as we do not benefit in any way from this page.
Thank you for always trusting N332.
7 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
It may be just a gutter press online tabloid but I found this online

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/08/0...-portugal/
2 users say Thank You to el caballo hambriento for this post
Reply Quote
(09-08-2020, 05:29 PM)el caballo hambriento Wrote: It may be just a gutter press online tabloid but I found this online

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/08/0...-portugal/

That website regularly carries click-bait, I wouldn't trust it at all.

In fact, reading the article shows the headline to just be an alarmist statement which doesn't tally with what is explained in the article....

It is just the government publishing an official document with a set of stages that any particular region of Spain must follow if an upsurge in cases requires increased localised controls.
2 users say Thank You to Lexeus for this post
Reply Quote
I don’t think any country can survive another full lockdown, economically. This virus is going to be around for a significant length of time we all need to learn to live with it & the targeted measures to keep some form of control over it while still having a life & an economy
1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Nobody pre announces a lockdown six weeks in advance.  You'd have everybody scattering . Including the people who might be sick.  Dodgy
4 users say Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
We are in local lockdown in county Kildare for 2 weeks since midnight last Saturday
1 user says Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
(10-08-2020, 03:33 AM)Will Wrote: Nobody pre announces a lockdown six weeks in advance.  You'd have everybody scattering . Including the people who might be sick.  Dodgy

Exactly my thoughts Will.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
It was fake news.  Euro weekly news needs to be closed down.
2 users say Thank You to el caballo hambriento for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Businesses Re-opening After Lockdown Ducks 109 39,624 19-04-2021, 11:22 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Shops & supermarkets under lockdown! Ducks 214 63,661 30-05-2020, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Ducks