This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post number 1,000
Threads: 975
Members: 352

crept past the 11,000 posts mark before I noticed.

The next biggie will probably be 1,000 threads!

🎈🎈🎈
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Threads: 1,047
Members: 388

The numbers have steadily been mounting!

Thankyou to everyone who is contributing - I'm sure there are many more people than just our members who read our posts and appreciate the info they find about our island.
Living my dream
5 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(19-02-2020, 12:04 AM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: ...I'm sure there are many more people than just our members who read our posts and appreciate the info they find about our island.

Checking the stats, I see constantly more non-registered visitors (guests) than members reading the forum. Seeing this much activity on 15 months old website makes me wonder how it'll all look like in five or ten years time...

Thank you all for being here with us at the beginning, helping to build this great source of information about Fuerteventura for everyone out there.
I Heart Fuerteventura
5 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks are really due to you, Sam, for all your work in setting up this forum and tweaking the software to make it so usable!

I occasionally look in to the "other place", and it's interesting to see how it has died away.  Rarely more than 6 or 7 people online each day, very few posts.  It's proof - if we ever needed it - that if you let the lunatics loose on a forum without moderating their activities, you end up with no forum.
5 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
To prove Sam's point this was the position just now:

37 users active in the past 15 minutes (4 members, 0 of whom are invisible, and 29 guests).
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Unsurprisingly under the circumstances there has been a big jump in numbers:

Threads: 1,115
Members: 430

Welcome to all our new members, hope you're finding this site useful and interesting. To everyone who is contributing - thank you - this forum has been a vital resource during our lockdown, my heartfelt thanks that Sam stepped up when he did and got the forum up and running in easier times.

A round of applause for Sam, along with all the emergency services and health teams and all who are doing their bit to protect and help us. 👏👏👏
Living my dream
9 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
It makes me happy and proud to see our community growing but I don't really deserve this:

(27-03-2020, 01:33 AM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: A round of applause for Sam, along with all the emergency services and health teams and all who are doing their bit to protect and help us. 👏👏👏

The applause should go to every person here, trying to help others.

While emergency services are important, let's don't forget about the shop floor staff, postmen, delivery, taxi, bus drivers, and many, many more people taking care of us and things around us. So please, next time you'll see binmen on the street, give them a smile or thumbs up for risking their lives so we have empty bins.

Stay safe everyone! Heart Heart Heart
I Heart Fuerteventura
7 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Threads: 1,150
Members: 443

Numbers are up again. A big thankyou to our new regular contributors as well as the 'old timers!  Big Grin 

It is just about 18 months since this forum was launched! Doesn't time fly? And who would have guessed that we would be living in such a strange and worrying period of our lives?

I think it is as good a time as any to remind ourselves of the 'welcome to this forum' message, thank you for living up to it:

Thank you for your visit and taking the time to read this post.

This forum has been created to keep all the nice people living and/or visiting Fuerteventura, in one place. So we can share the joy and knowledge and help each other.

Here are some guidelines:
  • Keep your posts relevant to the forum category, please.

• Be respectful of others and don’t sweat the small stuff.

• Please do not post any personal information or photos that you wouldn’t want to be seen by the public.

• Swearing will not be tolerated in any form.

• Do not post hateful or illegal content. Do not post copyrighted material without proper attribution.

• SPAM will not be tolerated.

• Use private messages to chat with moderators or other members in private.

In summary: be polite, enjoy yourself, help others and share your love for this wonderful island with the rest of us. 

Together we are helping each other to keep safe and sane during this crisis. The info we post re the virus and restrictions is verified wherever possible and clearly marked as unverified if we have not been able to check it. This means you can trust the info, unlike many social media sources, and this in itself can keep you safe/healthy and help you avoid fines for non-compliance!

Of course not everything we post is virus related - please feel free to join in threads re Weather, gardening, internet etc etc - it's nice to read about/discuss something other than the virus!

Thanks everyone, stay safe, show appreciation for everyone who is still working and therefore helping us to live our lives.  Smile Thumbs Up 👏 (that clapping hands emoji really is dire!)
Living my dream
11 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Just want to thank again to everyone, keeping the forum tidy and up to date, especially right now when we all are overwhelmed with so much fake news everywhere.

Couple of screenshots to see our progress in search results:

Google - second place, right behind tripadvisor. Caleta Forum is also up (at fourth place), from the tenth position last year. Congrats Captain!

And DuckDuckGo - we're sitting at the first place, plus other three links at the sixth, eight & ninth position. That's four out of top 10 positions, truly impressive.

For anyone wondering what DuckDuckGo actually is, it is similar search engine to Google, it just makes things more private. DuckDuckGo doesn’t follow its users around with ads, not storing their search history, won’t track their IP address, and essentially has no personal data to sell. Really handy alternative - I'm sure you'll find more about it if you're concern about your privacy.

Thanks again to all of you for contributing, sharing forum links on social media and keeping this community growing so fast, no one could've ever guessed would be possible 18 months ago.
I Heart Fuerteventura
5 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(20-04-2020, 11:01 AM)Sam Wrote: Just want to thank again to everyone, keeping the forum tidy and up to date, especially right now when we all are overwhelmed with so much fake news everywhere.

Couple of screenshots to see our progress in search results:

Google - second place, right behind tripadvisor. Caleta Forum is also up (at fourth place), from the tenth position last year. Congrats Captain!

Thanks again to all of you for contributing, sharing forum links on social media and keeping this community growing so fast, no one could've ever guessed would be possible 18 months ago.

Top now Sam.
[Image: fuerteventura-forum-Google-Search-2020-0...-11-11.jpg]
2 users say Thank You to milestone11 for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Growing number of members MLA 20 6,785 26-07-2020, 12:25 PM
Last Post: windermeregolfer