This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
fuerteventura ireland repatriation

Repatriation from Fuerteventura
I got home last night from Fuerteventura on my scheduled Ryanair flight, scheduled to depart at 19:05 actual departure was 19:30, arrived Dublin at 11:30.

It’s worth mentioning that the flight was fully serviced with tea coffee hot chocolate sandwiches hot meals etc.

This compares to the poor treatment a friend of mine received from Aer Lingus who was scheduled to depart Fuerteventura last Saturday around 7pm, but on their way from Costa Calma received a text to say their flight was cancelled and that they were being put up in the Baracello in Caleta. In fairness to AL, he told me they had full board in an apartment in Baracello with B&B and evening meal, but was detained until Monday when a mercy flight was sent from Dublin which arrived in at 18:15 and departed at 19:45 (seems excessive delay) but there was nothing available on the flight not even a cup of tea or coffee.

I should mention that the RA flight I came home on was oversold on seats as there were a number of students ho had been surfing in Morro Jable left behind as there were not sufficient seats, however I understand they are scheduled to fly home on the next flight on Thursday.

I asked one of the RA attendants about the flight from Dublin to a Fuerteventura and she said there were 6 Spanish people on the flight returning home to Fuerteventura
5 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
Easy jet have treated my friends very badly.  They went out on 14th March and the first rescue flight they have been offered back to Gatwick is 30th March.  They were scheduled to return to the UK on 21st March.
2 users say Thank You to el caballo hambriento for this post
Reply Quote
If they came on 14 March, this was after the State of Emergency was announced??
2 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
(18-03-2020, 08:56 AM)el caballo hambriento Wrote: Easy jet have treated my friends very badly.  They went out on 14th March and the first rescue flight they have been offered back to Gatwick is 30th March.  They were scheduled to return to the UK on 21st March.

They could use another airline to fly them home sooner if they want to. Give them this link to CAA:

Quote:If you still want to travel, your airline must find you an alternative flight. It’s up to you whether to fly as soon as possible after the cancelled flight, or at a later date that suits you. Airlines often refer to this as being ‘rerouted’.

Although most airlines will book you onto another of their flights to the same destination, if an alternative airline is flying there significantly sooner then you may have the right to be booked onto that flight instead. You can discuss this with your airline.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks.  I have sent them the link.  They said that it was the first available flight that they could get booked on.
Reply Quote
They said that the best EasyJet could come up with was going to the airport each day to see if they have a flight as they are on a first come first serve basis so they decided to wait until they could book for a definite flight.
Reply Quote
Not worth the risk travelling to the airport every day!

Get the Flightradar 24 app, and put in route LGW to FUE and it gives live data on flights leaving or likely to leave. Then go and book it.

Do they have to vacate their hotel??
3 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
(18-03-2020, 05:30 PM)Archer Wrote: ...Do they have to vacate their hotel??

They'll have to soon, methinks.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
They should probably check AirBnB for deals right now. I wouldn't want to be in a hotel if I could help it, and there are a lot of holiday lets going begging right now as their intended guests have checked out early. I'm sure a lot of owners would be amenable to price drops on their usual fees to get any business at all!
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
A private arrangement.  They are staying in my apartment so they will not be homeless.
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Repatriation TO Fuerteventura windermeregolfer 2 4,433 12-03-2021, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Sam