This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
puerto rosario clipper sailing

Sailing Clipper in Puerto Rosario
Anyone else catch a glimpse of the impressive sailing Clipper, Star Flyer, in Puerto Rosario? I think it may have just passed Caleta on its way to Gran Canaria.
Afterwards, it travels around the islands then heads off across the Atlantic to Barbados. Wouldn't fancy that crossing in November.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

3 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
(08-11-2018, 06:11 PM)Archer Wrote: Afterwards, it travels arou d the islands then heads off across the Atlantic to Barbados. Wouldn't fancy that crossing in November.

November is actually the best time to set off for a gentle crossing to the Caribbean.  The ARC (Atlantic Rally for Cruisers) has around 200 yachts which set off from Gran Canaria later this month, heading for St Lucia.

https://www.worldcruising.com/arc/arcitinerary.aspx
1 user says Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
The "Star Flyer" is quite a luxurious boat.  It leaves tomorrow (9 Nov) for Barbados. See https://www.starclippers.co.uk/explore-s...llery.html  for some photos.
1 user says Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
I saw it in the harbour in Puerto del Rosario this afternoon.  It left at around 4.30pm and headed south towards Caleta.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(08-11-2018, 07:06 PM)bedouin Wrote: The "Star Flyer" is quite a luxurious boat.  It leaves tomorrow (9 Nov) for Barbados. See https://www.starclippers.co.uk/explore-s...llery.html  for some photos.

The food looks nice Thumbs Up
1 user says Thank You to GSDGirl for this post
Reply Quote
Two clippers passed by Caleta this afternoon, heading south.
1 user says Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:55 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: Two clippers passed by Caleta this afternoon, heading south.

There were two on the horizon off the Dunes yesterday evening unfortunately  Sad Sad  I didn't have my long lens camera with me to photograph them  Sad Sad
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
1 user says Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Looks very impressive maybe the clipper could replace the pirate ship in Calette  Cool Cool
1 user says Thank You to Gramster for this post
Reply Quote
A photo on the Puerto del Rosario Facebook page:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

4 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yacht sailing from Corralejo Naturelover56 1 446 22-09-2023, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Naturelover56
  Spanish naval vessel in Puerto del Rosario today TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 503 07-02-2023, 11:25 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  New crane lane to be installed at Puerto del Rosario TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 579 05-01-2023, 08:10 PM
  New Passenger Terminal for Puerto del Rosario dock TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 807 27-07-2022, 11:09 PM
  The Queen Elizabeth in Puerto del Rosario 27/12/21 Captain Sensible 1 1,173 29-12-2021, 09:15 AM
Last Post: GMT