This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superbarato - Chinese shop in Poligono Industrial El Matorral
(02-12-2018, 10:41 PM)Ducks Wrote:  IMO. Superbarato has better prices, but China Town has better variety of stock, and is (for now) much cleaner and less dusty.

The other main thing is the staff care and look after you in China Town, on Saturday they even came up to us and asked did we need assistance in English  Smile Smile
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
1 user says Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(03-12-2018, 09:08 AM)windermeregolfer Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 10:41 PM)Ducks Wrote:  IMO. Superbarato has better prices, but China Town has better variety of stock, and is (for now) much cleaner and less dusty.

The other main thing is the staff care and look after you in China Town, on Saturday they even came up to us and asked did we need assistance in English  Smile Smile

The attitude in Superbarato has always annoyed me, they simply do not / did not care, let us wait and see if it improves, I doubt it but you never know. I can be arrogant when it suits but these people make me look a pleasant guy. Smile
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
The attitude at the till was always bad but when I've been looking for something and asked the floor staff they were very helpful most of the times.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
(03-12-2018, 11:11 AM)Sam Wrote: The attitude at the till was always bad but when I've been looking for something and asked the floor staff they were very helpful most of the times.

Have to agree Sam. Floor staff always help as much as language allows. I can only assume that the arrogant/dismissive ones at the tills are the owners (or family of) which is par for the course from what I know of well heeled Chinese tbh
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(03-12-2018, 12:15 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 11:11 AM)Sam Wrote: The attitude at the till was always bad but when I've been looking for something and asked the floor staff they were very helpful most of the times.

Have to agree Sam. Floor staff always help as much as language allows. I can only assume that the arrogant/dismissive ones at the tills are the owners (or family of) which is par for the course from what I know of well heeled Chinese tbh

I've the same feeling, Floor staff are the employees and the arrogant ones at the till the owners. It's a shame they didn't decide to stay at home and employ some nice people to work at the till too. This way they might get more customers into their shop. But, what do we know about running a business? Big Grin
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
(04-12-2018, 04:46 PM)Sam Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 12:15 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote:

I've the same feeling, Floor staff are the employees and the arrogant ones at the till the owners. It's a shame they didn't decide to stay at home and employ some nice people to work at the till too. This way they might get more customers into their shop. But, what do we know about running a business? Big Grin

More than they do apparently  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Probably Chinese Whispers Big Grin  but I was told years ago that these shops were just a means for Money laundering, they weren't bothered whether they actually did any business!
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(05-12-2018, 12:49 AM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: Probably Chinese Whispers Big Grin  but I was told years ago that these shops were just a means for money laundering, they weren't bothered whether they actually did any business!

Chinese Whispers... Big Grin 
It would be more believable about the Superbarato opposite Lidl in Puerto. They do keep much lower stock and most of the time there's only a few customers in ;if any. On the other hand, the shopkeepers are friendly, always happy to help and that keeps us to come back anytime we're in the area.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(02-12-2018, 10:41 PM)Ducks Wrote: ... so I would guess they've definitely marked things up for the 50% sale.

Like this one. From 1.20 to 1.80. Will still be cheaper after the discount but nowhere near the 50%.

...if I needed some pink shower rings, guess which pack would I take to the till? Huh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(25-12-2018, 09:29 AM)Sam Wrote: ...if I needed some pink shower rings, guess which pack would I take to the till? Huh

Like us at China Town on Saturday got a box of 6 wine glasses they were on the shelf at 1.59€ each glass, when they scanned the box at the till it came up as 1.59€ for the box  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin  I wasn't going to say anything their problem.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
1 user says Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mercadona - Poligono Industrial El Matorral Sam 30 16,150 27-04-2023, 04:40 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  IKEA - a new shop and cafe Captain Sensible 3 1,114 26-12-2022, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Fran Y Chemi - Poligono Industrial El Matorral Sam 14 8,538 07-07-2022, 08:40 PM
  Lidl on the Costa de Antigua Industrial Estate Captain Sensible 83 28,063 03-12-2021, 02:07 PM
  Is there to be a New British Food Shop in Corralejo? OMR + MIN 10 8,472 18-05-2020, 11:42 AM
Last Post: OMR + MIN