This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
spain plan escalation

The De-escalation Plan in Spain
State of Alarm - Day 92 - 14th June

There remains the one active case on the island.

Pedro Sanchez, the Spanish Prime Minister, today announced that the country will reopen its borders with all European Union countries(those in the Schengen zone) on June 21. The exception will be Portugal, which will have to wait until July 1 on the request of the Portuguese government. Spain’s King Felipe VI and the Portuguese Prime Minister António Costa will hold a ceremony on that day to reopen the Spain-Portugal border.Travellers from outside the European Union and the Schengen free-travel area will be permitted to enter Spain from July 1 provided there is a reciprocal agreement on travel and taking into account the epidemiological situation in the country of origin, among other factors. The United Kingdom and Ireland are outside Schengen.
7 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
State of Alarm - Day 93 - 15th June

There is still the one active case on the island.

The Canary Island Government is meeting on Thursday to approve a decree that will outline the measures that will be in place for the new normality.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
The President of the Canarian Government has published the rules for the new normal today - https://www.canarias7.es/sociedad/sanida...d%E2%80%99

A Google translation - 

This was announced this afternoon by the President of the Canary Islands Government, Ángel Víctor Torres, in his appearance before the media after the approval of the decree that will regulate the new normality in the islands in the Government Council. It will come into force at 00.00 on Sunday, a new stage in which the head of the Canarian Executive insists that "you cannot let your guard down and you must continue to respect and comply" with safety regulations, that is, distances interpersonal and the mandatory use of the mask.

The Canarian decree indicates that the community enters the 'new normality' in view of the evolution of the health crisis' in the territory, thereby rendering ineffective in the archipelago all the measures derived from the declaration of the state of alarm on March 14 and so it is established that the autonomous community "is fully the competent authority to manage this phase of de-escalation, according to Torres.

The President tidily listed the content of the approved decree that is specified in limitations on the capacity of Events with a maximum of 1,000 people in open spaces and 300 in closed spaces, although, in an exceptional and individualized manner, it may be requested from the general direction of Public Health authorizations and permits to develop Events with a greater number of people.

In educational centers, the Ministry of Education will prepare the protocol for returning to classes in September, and in the case of the university sphere, the universities themselves will be in charge of returning to classes in person.

The restaurants will not have a maximum capacity although they must respect the distances, they will not use a paper menu and diners will not be able to sit down without having previously cleaned the furniture.

In tourist spaces, capacity will not be limited either.

Regarding active tourism, they can be carried out by the companies without restrictions.

Shopping centers and stores may open not exceeding 75% of the allowed capacity, but establishments that already had the exception such as tobacconists, pharmacies, hairdressers, supermarkets ...

In the cinema and theater the capacity disappears but the seats must be preassigned and with the appropriate separation between people.

In Museums and exhibition halls, libraries and halls the capacity disappears although emphasis is placed on monitoring compliance with security regulations.

In the public service, telematic use will be promoted and telework will be promoted.

Sports practice will be individual or in pairs without a time slot or margin in groups of no more than 30 people in open spaces and 25 people in closed spaces as long as they do not exceed 2/3 of their capacity, a maximum of 25 people in federated sports meetings.

Regarding sporting Events, a protocol is established so that people are seated with distance between them and not exceeding 70% of the capacity.

Religious acts, no more than 70% of the capacity.

Wake and burial, with 50 people in open spaces, 20 in closed and only 5 in cremation room.

Wedding celebrations are held with a maximum of 250 people outdoors and 150 indoors. The beaches are the responsibility of the municipalities and must have a capacity depending on the surface of the beach.

Disinfection measures. Card payment is promoted, reminders will be made with prevention campaigns emphasizing hand cleaning.
7 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
The Official Gazette of the Canary Islands today, Saturday, July 4, publishes an agreement updating certain preventive measures to deal with the health crisis caused by COVID-19 during the period of new normality after the state of alarm and that they alleviate the restrictions in force so far in relation to nightclubs and nightclubs, accommodation establishments and public shows.

According to the agreement published today, the shared use of accommodation units by non-cohabitants is allowed and the groups of two hammocks must be separated by at least 1.5 meters from the next group or individual hammock.

As for recreational, leisure and recreation activities, including sports, which are carried out sporadically and in places other than establishments intended for the habitual exercise of said activity and those which are carried out in detachable facilities or outdoors, They can celebrate as long as the public remains seated or in sectors of groups of up to 15 people from their social or family environment and that it does not exceed 75% of the capacity allowed, with a maximum limit of 300 people for closed places and 1,000 people outdoors free.

Nightclubs and nightlife

Nightclubs and nightclubs may open to the public exclusively for sitting or standing consumption and always in spaces previously reserved by the client. The capacity in open-air terraces will be 100% and in closed premises, 70%, with a maximum limit of 300 people for closed places and 1,000 outdoors, always maintaining the interpersonal distance or, failing that, the use mask. The access to the discotheques will be through nominal entries in reserved groups of up to 8 people from their social or family environment sitting or standing and consumption will be directly served in each reserved. In premises with a dance floor, this space will be occupied with tables or reserved areas, and it is forbidden to dedicate said space to its habitual use.

The agreement establishes that the security personnel of each location will be in charge of ensuring compliance with the interpersonal security distance and will avoid the formation of large groups and agglomerations. Nightclubs and nightclubs must have frequent natural ventilation or, in case of using air conditioning, a sufficient renewal of the air will be guaranteed, capturing the outside air in an appropriate place. The objective of these measures is that the social and economic activities carried out while this situation lasts are carried out with the appropriate guarantees for the protection of public health. Thus,Individual and collective commitment to compliance is essential, taking into account that in case of non-compliance, the sanctioning regime of Royal Decree-Law 21/2020, of June 9, will apply.

https://www3.gobiernodecanarias.org/noti...ormalidad/
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(26-05-2020, 09:21 AM)Sam Wrote:
(18-05-2020, 11:11 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: ...I wonder if any of the Lobos boats are running? Anyone been down near the harbour and happened to notice? I know they were given permission in this Phase but don't know if they have taken it up due to economics.

According to Onda, since yesterday.

In town on Wednesday and at long last the Lobos Ferry is running again. The zodiacs have been running for a couple of weeks but I have a friend who won't go near anything that close to the water  Big Grin . The booth has opened to display these notices but you have to book online. We're hoping to get over there next week before it gets too busy  Fingers Crossed .

[Image: EKOYMyb.jpg] [Image: OJ5AmTk.jpg]
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
I don't think that this has been mentioned elsewhere, as part of the de-escalation plan hygiene protocols for restaurants and bars were introduced as well as table distancing and party size.

A number  of restaurants are following the rules at a cost and inconvenience to staff in having to wear masks at all times and having to regularly hand sanitize plus things like having  pre wrapped cutlery, disposable place mats, QR code menus or menus on boards hence cutting down handling  of items by the public,  not all establishments are adhering to the rules so be warned.

We have been to establishments that do follow the rules and others that don't and one gave an excuse they did understand the rules, ignorance is not acceptable IMHO.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(05-07-2020, 07:24 AM)windermeregolfer Wrote: I don't think that this has been mentioned elsewhere, as part of the de-escalation plan hygiene protocols for restaurants and bars were introduced as well as table distancing and party size.

A number  of restaurants are following the rules at a cost and inconvenience to staff in having to wear masks at all times and having to regularly hand sanitize plus things like having  pre wrapped cutlery, disposable place mats, QR code menus or menus on boards hence cutting down handling  of items by the public,  not all establishments are adhering to the rules so be warned.

We have been to establishments that do follow the rules and others that don't and one gave an excuse they did understand the rules, ignorance is not acceptable IMHO.

To be fair, some things (like the QR menus) are going to have a steep buy-in cost that a lot of businesses, having been closed for so long, are going to struggle to afford. 

No excuse for not having staff masked and sanitising stations outside of bathrooms etc., though.
5 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Just a brief note of my thoughts to date, having kept up to date via the forum I was expecting far more compliance with the rules from business operators. Masks seem optional in some places, at best hanging round the neck or covering the mouth and not the nose. In one restaurant we couldn’t have a menu as it was against the rules but they were happy to bring out the communal salt and cutlery unwrapped. No soap in the toilets. The Police took a walk around but didn’t seem to be looking at much in particular. I feel for those businesses that are doing it by the book. One business was cash only. To be clear, I will respect the local rules 100%, I am merely a guest on the island, with more tourists on the way however it is inevitable cases will increase. Some places need educating.
6 users say Thank You to Jason W for this post
Reply Quote
It is a crying shame if local businesses are behaving like this, (although I assume not all). I must say I am surprised!! I understand they want to get back to making some Money but after all they have been through you would think a bit of common sense would prevail ☹️☹️
3 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote