This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
fuste walking las cycling between caleta path salinas

Walking/Cycling path between Caleta de Fuste and Las Salinas
Is this path for cycling only, or can you walk it? I've always wanted to walk to Salinas from Caleta, but the rough ground put me off...
1 user says Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
(07-01-2019, 11:30 PM)Ducks Wrote: Is this path for cycling only, or can you walk it? I've always wanted to walk to Salinas from Caleta, but the rough ground put me off...

Yes you can walk along it just observe the good old Highway Code and walk on the side facing the on coming traffic / cyclists if they in fact are using  it!!!

One of my bug bears at the moment is a cycle track parallel to a road yet cyclists still use the road and even worse are side by side Angry Angry
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(07-01-2019, 11:30 PM)Ducks Wrote: Is this path for cycling only, or can you walk it? I've always wanted to walk to Salinas from Caleta, but the rough ground put me off...

You would want to leave Caleta here, instead of the seafront promenade. If I remember correctly, the footpath is right next to the cycling lane the whole way from Caleta to Salinas. Nice and easy walk. Here's the Salinas end.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks, guys, will give that a go in the coming days! Getting a bit fed up of plodding around the streets I'm super familiar with now. 

On the plus side, I now know which tiles are loose on just about any given street in town, and am at least a bit less likely to injure myself!  Big Grin
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
If you'll decide to walk a bit further you'll end up in Puerto de la Torre. No walking, nor cycling path any more. The tarmac will be gone once you'll leave the village and all you'll have to walk on will be a dirt track. But if you've never been there, it's worth the extra 15 minutes walk.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=769]

Not many people realise how much natural beauty is around Caleta. Most of them see only the "improved" main beach and bars in the town. There's so much more Caleta does offer, we just have to look a bit further.
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(09-01-2019, 10:42 AM)Sam Wrote: If you'll decide to walk a bit further you'll end up in Puerto de la Torre. No walking, nor cycling path any more. The tarmac will be gone once you'll leave the village and all you'll have to walk on will be a dirt track. But if you've never been there, it's worth the extra 15 minutes walk.

Not many people realise how much natural beauty is around Caleta. Most of them see only the "improved" main beach and bars in the town. There's so much more Caleta does offer, we just have to look a bit further.

Thanks Sam.  is there somewhere in Puerto de la Torre to get refreshments?
1 user says Thank You to Swordy for this post
Reply Quote
Have done that walk coming back from Pozo Negro before! It's not easy, but it is very lovely.

Walked out to Salinas the other day and it was very nice to trek somewhere different, so thanks for that.
1 user says Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
(11-01-2019, 08:20 PM)Ducks Wrote: Have done that walk coming back from Pozo Negro before! It's not easy, but it is very lovely.

Definitely not an easy walk all the way from Pozo Negro. But yes, so much of beauty, I couldn't believe how close to Caleta I was when I done it for the first time.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
(11-01-2019, 07:56 PM)Swordy Wrote:
(09-01-2019, 10:42 AM)Sam Wrote: If you'll decide to walk a bit further you'll end up in Puerto de la Torre. No walking, nor cycling path any more. The tarmac will be gone once you'll leave the village and all you'll have to walk on will be a dirt track. But if you've never been there, it's worth the extra 15 minutes walk.

Sorry Swordy, no refreshments. Only abandoned building and a couple of WW2 bunkers. Checked both, one looked like somebody is staying overnight - be careful!
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(11-01-2019, 08:45 PM)Sam Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 07:56 PM)Swordy Wrote:

Sorry Swordy, no refreshments. Only abandoned building and a couple of WW2 bunkers. Checked both, one looked like somebody is staying overnight - be careful!

My wife loves that old building and would love to live there.
1 user says Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FV-2 Road improvement through Caleta de Fuste Captain Sensible 1 1,531 03-01-2023, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Ducks