This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

[-]
Tags
fv creation natural pools widening

Widening of the FV-2 and the Creation of Natural Pools?
According to a report in the press yesterday, the Cabildo of Fuerteventura (the island council) and the Business Association, have signed an agreement which will start the process for the widening of the FV-2 road between Las Salinas and the airport.  With agreement from the Canary Island's Government they are hoping the proposal will go to tender later this year.
They are also looking into the possibility of creating some natural pools in the rocks off the Avenida Maritima, which is between the Ereza Mar Hotel and the harbour.
https://www.ondafuerteventura.es/desdobl...117y3XFFnM
There are no details in the report.
4 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Wow, hadn’t expected that yet. So is that just widening of the existing road (hard to see that happening going through Caleta) or is this the start of the Caleta bypass ?? Much needed IMO when you see the queues between Caleta & El Mattoral 🙂🙂
3 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
How are they going to widen the road by any meaningful amount from opposite Kobi,s to the next roundabout heading North??
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
I think the full Caleta bypass round the back of chipmunk mountain is several years away yet. It is part of the central motorway project, but still mired in dispute over the route through the protected area at Pozo Negro. The section north from the airport to La Caldereta is going out to tender this month, and compulsory purchases of land are starting soon. Just another thirteen years or so to completion if the first section is anything to go by.
2 users say Thank You to Pho for this post
Reply Quote
Progress is nearly as slow as the U.K. exiting the Eu.
1 user says Thank You to Rasputin for this post
Reply Quote
There is just about enough room between Kobe and the bus station for a dual carriageway as there is already 2 lanes going North, in my opinion. A bit tight in front of Beach Villas but probably doable. Very restrictive in front of Elba Sara as well.
2 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
I don’t see how that would work. There may physically be space for the actual lanes of a dual carriageway but no room for any approach roads/flyovers & associated clover leafs etc. Also don’t see the connection with Pozo Negro ?? The FV2 could swing north just after the Barranco de Antigua & head right behind Chipmunk, behind El Mattoral & link back into the dual carriageway north of the airport. From the looks on Google, not much in the way. Really think it is shortsighted to spend the level of Money required mickey mousing with the road through Caleta. In my opinion it could make it worse than it already is !!
3 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:46 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: I don’t see how that would work. There may physically be space for the actual lanes of a dual carriageway but no room for any approach roads/flyovers & associated clover leafs etc. Also don’t see the connection with Pozo Negro ?? The FV2 could swing north just after the Barranco de Antigua & head right behind Chipmunk, behind El Mattoral & link back into the dual carriageway north of the airport. From the looks on Google, not much in the way. Really think it is shortsighted to spend the level of money required mickey mousing with the road through Caleta. In my opinion it could make it worse than it already is !!

I’m inclined to agree with you Ron.
2 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
The eventual new motorway will go behind chipmunk mountain, and on to the Pozo Negro junction, but this proposal seems to be just a small short term improvement to the existing road. I don't think  clover leaves and flyovers are planned
2 users say Thank You to Pho for this post
Reply Quote
The real issue for me is, can you imagine the disruption it would cause? even though it would only be "short term "   Rolleyes Rolleyes
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Antigua approves the expansion of its cemetery and the creation of a funeral home and TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 138 13-03-2024, 07:39 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Natural Fountain of the Atalayita TamaraEnLaPlaya 5 574 19-02-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Can the Man
  Promenade Widening Project in Caleta de Fuste Captain Sensible 2 3,506 24-01-2020, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Captain Sensible
  North side of Puerto del Rosario gets new promenade and repair of old natural pool Sam 3 5,152 20-03-2019, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Sam